Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

Husky Holey Airbox Mod.

a mod that is simple and very effective, best done with OEM brand of choice FMF silencer addition for full effect. For the Left side airbox cover.

the multi hole (bigger is better than many smaller) this from Dirt Rider Magazines endurocross build FE250.

post-5813-0-05202400-1453925074_thumb.jp

many examples shown on MXA's make your Husky breathe mods found online and even on Zach Osbornes factory Husky FC250 supercross machine as well.

here are mine and some of our crews style "the 3 hole" mod.

post-5813-0-64392100-1453925239_thumb.jp

this is an instant gratification mod on these bikes with the 14-15-16 FE TE plastics (Husaberg).

I have an extra OEM stock side cover if I want to go back to super soft power mode. this mod added quite a bit of bottom end snap and feels way more meaty at low rpm.

I did basically same as robert after his recommendation and definitely noticed a difference, also have a stock cover for long desert days

You are telling us the Factory Plastic is More restrictive than the filter media?? A "tuned" street bike airbox would seem to be a more obvious candidate to create more flow by this method. Would be interesting to measure air pressure inside and outside the airbox.

:coolio:

http://motocrossactionmag.com/news/ask-the-mxperts-how-to-make-a-husqvarna-breathe

2016-notes

New airbox design and tool-less air filter access

The airbox has been completely redesigned and features a new inlet duct that reduces deformation, ensuring maximum airflow and maximum filter protection. The air filter is easily accessed, without tools, by removing the left side panel. Easy maintenance is guaranteed by the new Twin Air filter and new filter cage design that features a simplified mounting system for safe and accurate filter installation.

Redesigned airbox → improved air flow

New filter mounting system → safe and accurate protection against dirt

Tool-less filter access → easy and fast maintenance

http://www.dirtrider.com/2015-husqvarna-fe-250-endurocross-transformation?image=1

I don't just make this crap up. Its a known issue- even the factory race team does this.

http://motocross.transworld.net/photos/factory-husqvarna-the-machines/#7JGb83sqDe7liMc5.97

as for the FIM (enduro and MXGP) guys their FIM rules allow them to use the CRM full CF subframe which breathes like a big dog through the wide open vents (that folks refer to as grab handles)

Again not here to argue,I don't just make this stuff up.