Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

Dirt Bagz

Do any of you guys/gals own "Dirt Bagz"?

Dirt Bagz

If so, how do you like'em? My shoulders/neck get a bit worn out on the longer rides when I have too much "stuff"/weight stuffed in my back pack......thinking about going with an alternative so I can simply wear a camel back and put the weight on the bike rather than my back/neck/shoulders......of course there's the rub/trade-off.......really don't want MORE weight on the bike either.....hmmmm.....just day dreaming/pondering.....

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Crawdad I just ordered some Yukon bags for my pig. I plan to use them for my daily surf trips. For dirt I carry all the weight i can on my body. Riding hard ,things on my bike get beat to death.

post-633-1176046415_thumb.jpgfor longer dual sport rides, i love my saddlebags. no more backpack. it also seems to me that the extra weight keeps the rear end of the bike planted. they may look strange but im sold.

carguy turned me on to some saddle/cooler bags from Parker Yamaha at a GREAT price! They worked well and gave me a good sense of what saddlebags feel like when you're riding. The problems I found are that the weght and balance were off, the bags would "flop around" if they weren't bungied to the bike, they pushed my number plate into the exaust can (and melted it a little), and they tore when I put too many beer cans in 'em :unsure: I highly recommend trying them out for the $25 price tag before you spend $200 on a real set of bags.

The better option I found for everyday riding is the "Flight Vest" by Ogio. It will carry more than I could put in a camelback and fanny pack combined, and distributes the weight perfectly. The only drawback is that it gets a little toasty on the hot days. You can check it out next weekend Chris :D

Good luck.

Crawdad I just ordered some Yukon bags for my pig. I plan to use them for my daily surf trips. For dirt I carry all the weight i can on my body. Riding hard ,things on my bike get beat to death.

additionally, when the weight is on ME, I can actually USE it to my advantage, while on the bike, it just makes my heavy bike heavier.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

My saddle bags showed up today, about 4 days late :ph34r::D

post-465-1176163200_thumb.jpg