Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

Death Valley 350

Team Crawdad Racing (the not so speedy duo of me and my son) participated in this weekend's Death Valley 350

Death Valley 350 flyer

Fun ride....fairly mellow with few nasty/rocky/goat trail hardway options for small bikes only (we passed on these after hearing about them....no margin for error on some rock ledges)

On Sat we rode ~190 miles…..went through Goler Canyon, stopped by Charlie Manson’s place, ate lunch at Furnace Creek……after lunch Jarrett and I went up/down Echo Canyon past the “eye of the needle” and went crash/boom at “the big boy step” then came out of the canyon and dealt with some nasty silt and over to Beatty for the night:

General info on area:

Info on Goler Canyon

Info on Charlie's place

info on Furnace Creek

I rode with Chris and Nancy in Mex……they have a Death Valley tour that covers much of the same ground we rode through this weekend…..the link below has a picture of the “eye of the needle” in Echo Canyon and also Striped Butte (which is NOT in Titus canyon)…..I took a picture of Jarrett with the eye of the needle over his shoulder….hope it comes out OK

TrailBoss Tours Death Valley tour

Wasn’t able to “google up” any quick pics of “the big boy step” in Echo Canyon….but it was challenging…..neither of us made it…..had to walk/hump the bikes up the steps under throttle….then more rocky terrain - fun

Yesterday we started out through Titus Canyon…..mellow/scenic fire road with awesome scenery……and after we crossed through this canyon we cut over through Ballarat and talked with a couple of interesting local characters……and STILL had ANOTHER 100+ miles of MORE canyons/badlands to travel before returning to Ridgecrest….fun day

General info on area:

Info on Titus Canyon

Ballarat - welcome to no where

Looking forward to seeing the pictures taken by Jarrett and Russ/Dave (our riding partners)....I'll post a few once we down load'em/receive'em

Here's a couple of pics my friend sent over.....none of the pics really do the area/ride justice......plan now to do this ride one weekend next March.....

post-70-1175052646_thumb.jpg

post-70-1175052675_thumb.jpg

post-70-1175052689_thumb.jpg

post-70-1175052790_thumb.jpg

post-70-1175052856_thumb.jpg

post-70-1175053180_thumb.jpg

post-70-1175053231_thumb.jpg