Sign in to follow this  
alyeska

Borrego to bombay beach 2/25

Plan on meeting at the circle 9am (too cold to start earlier) then heading to the calcite mine area, riding to palm wash, then into the truckhaven hills, head north through the hills exiting onto hwy 86 north, ride some pavement then at the top of salton sea ride down the other side to bombay beach, have lunch and beverage at the american legion post in bombay beach ( this is an open post so I wont have to sign you in) foods pretty good and reasonable. After lunch we can explore towards the chocalate mtns, and then head back before dark. This will be a noob friendly ride, some steep hill climbs and a couple of sandy washes are the worst of it. Bring tubes and tools. Parking or camping available at my place in borrego, this ride will be happening unless weather prohibits it, we may have 4x4 support vehicles bringing up the rear. alyeska

The furthest between stations will probably be 30-40 miles. alyeska

Is this ride still on? If it is, I'm in. Leaving S.D. at seven, should make Borrego Springs around nine. I'll be carting my KTM out on the back of my Trooper. Hope to see you in the morning.

Ride is still on, weather is cold and windy, may change route depending on how windy it gets tomorrow. alyeska