Sign in to follow this  
alyeska

Disc alarm locks

Looked at the bully and the zena, does anyone have experience with them? which one is louder? never had any problems with theft but better safe than sorry. alyeska

A plain old Masterlock will slip through your rear disk.....doesn't look overly slick but it's cheap/effective

I am looking for something that will make some noise if moved not so much the locking effect, I usually sleep as close to my bike as possible whether its motel or tent. I have never found a mounted alarm to be able to hold up to the off road abuse a dirt bike takes. alyeska

Ordered the xena xx 10 from motorcycle superstore today, says 120 db output, will post update on performance when I get back from tombstone. alyeska

Ordered the xena xx 10 from motorcycle superstore today, says 120 db output, will post update on performance when I get back from tombstone. alyeska

I've got a xena... its pretty legit... car alarms are far louder, but, it goes off pretty easily, and as long as you have a keen ear for the siren, you should be able to hear it...

If the alarm moves (pretty sensitive too), the siren will go off for I believe 2 mins and resets itself, and will continue like that as long as the alarm is being moved about/bike messed with... Uses 3 little disk batteries in series in a little holder and I think my first set finally when dead after about a year or so...

That sound just like what I was looking for, thanks. alyeska