Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

New Harley XR1200 Series Debuts at Daytona

Bitchin' shot of Michael Barnes on the XR1200 at Daytona......

BJN81917.JPG

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (January 18, 2011) - Making a debut on the freshly-paved surface during the Dunlop Tire Test at Daytona International Speedway was the AMA Pro Vance & Hines XR1200 Series, with former Harley-Davidson 883 series rider Michael Barnes celebrating his first ride on the new XR1200 by posting a time of 2:09.568/80.576 MPH to take the top spot.

Nine XR1200s participated in the shortened session that saw champions from a variety of AMA Pro Racing disciplines make their mark. Recently-retired AMA Pro Flat Track Grand National Champion Joe Kopp topped the timesheets for part of the outing, two-time AMA Pro Supermoto Champion Chris Fillmore ended up second overall and 2009 SuperSport Young Gun West Division champion Ricky Parker made his return to AMA Pro Racing to finish up third fastest.

"I'm one of the few guys out there who actually raced the old 883 series back in the day," said Barnes. "I just remember great battles, a lot of parity and eight-wide across the tri-oval. I think we're going to see the same kind of exciting race here in March."

I think this will be a great series to watch and could end up being better than the "Boxer Cup" series a few years ago. Thanks for sharing!