JohnnyAirtime

The DIP - 12/30 to 1/2/2011

Well folks....

Stacey (my fiance') and I have decided to "suck it up" again (on my unemployed salary) and go to the desert over New Years. Yes, it's against all my morals and priorities. And goes against all I know and how I was brought up.

BUT, after all this rain. I can't resist... I just need to take advantage of the time Stacey has off from work, and go try to enjoy ourselves. I'm "making" it work.

So come on out and enjoy!!! ... Lets get some riding in

WHERE: Superstition (The Dip). Off of HUFF Rd, near Imler

WHEN: 12-30 to 1-2-2011 (Thursday Night to Sunday After-Noon)

WHO: All of ya! Kids too! ... (Dogs, bring a leash and a pooper scooper!)

What my RV and trailer looks like (however, trailer now has large blue "Airtime HID" sticker on it);

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/johnnyairtime/1999%20Winnebago%20Chieftain/DSC06225.jpg

Trailer with stickers;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/johnnyairtime/RIDING%20Pics%20-%20all/Cancer%20Ride%20Stickers/b088b213.jpg

Here's our location;

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&t=h&msid=107763250580692529724.0004934ffc0e5fc24f7d9&ll=32.901389,-115.720925&spn=0.018412,0.023389&z=15

We usually park way back and to the right of most everyone (in Primary spot on map), however they've recently put up new signs (last year) to stay out (due to military - bombing range). So we might camp far back left side, up against the small hills. We'll see... as we don't like to park in the mainstream of all the traffic. We like our privacy, lack of fireworks, and lack of rug-rats making dust in or around camp.

... at minimum, stop off for a cold-refreshment!!

I wanna do a day or two of riding there over the holiday, if I do I will for sure stop in. Have your radio on :)

I wanna do a day or two of riding there over the holiday, if I do I will for sure stop in. Have your radio on :)

Will do... what channel you want me to monitor? Or... we use 154.570 when riding, and usually monitor that freq.

What skill level will you be riding? I only have a few months of dirt riding experience, but I'm finding that a roadracing background translates to dirt much better than I thought it would.

I'm on the verge of falling off the fence, and riding my KTM 625 SXC out from Coronado for this. I'm not set up to camp off of it yet, though, so I'm thinking of staying in Imperial or Brawley.

What skill level will you be riding? I only have a few months of dirt riding experience, but I'm finding that a roadracing background translates to dirt much better than I thought it would.

I'm on the verge of falling off the fence, and riding my KTM 625 SXC out from Coronado for this. I'm not set up to camp off of it yet, though, so I'm thinking of staying in Imperial or Brawley.

Don't worry about "skill level" we'll be riding ... or at least I wouldn't. We can just cruise if your having troubles.... or around camp there's all kinds of stuff to ride.

And it's COLD at night... Best have a place to stay, like you mention in IV (hotel).

I will be out in the superstition neighborhood also. :party: I will try to stop by with my wife for some green 'stickered' riding.

Hmmm...

This "trip" is starting to fade on my end. I'll know more in a day or two. Might just turn into a "day trip" (if that) for me.... due to the following; My (Diesel) Excursion stopped running today. Not sure why, but I'm working on it. Already put $105 into it in parts... still won't start. Tomorrow is another day. Much more of this, and more out of pocket $$, and I'll have to cancel my 3+ day Dez trip due to those unforeseen costs.

...Stay tuned!! I'm working on it (both making the trip, and getting my Exco to run!)

7.3?

Naa... 6.0

And I got-er-done and fixed.

... my Low Pressure Oil Regulator was 'sticky' and once removed, cleaned, and re-installed... the Ex fired right back up!

WE ARE BACK on THE DESERT WAR PATH!!!!

... and on schedule to be there Thursday Night - Sunday Night

Doh! 6.0!

I've got a 7.3 in the truck, always seems to be a a few things that go on with these engines.

IAC, have fun out there, I'll be up in Johnson Valley/Landers area. Danged cold up there /hijack :lol:

I'm BACK OUT of the trip again.

... damn truck left me dead on the freeway tonight, raining... and I had a trailer in tow.

Now, it's in front of the house... and the trailer, on a side street.

... RV moved out to get ready too.

HOWEVER, since I don't know repair costs or root of the problem... I've cancelled my New Years Dez Plan.

The rest of you have a great time, ride safe and wear a jacket!! Brrrrr!

168431_1784982351101_1435796067_31943563_1058925_n.jpg

... just about "fixed"

Thank goodness I didn't go to the desert and spend another $500 on the trip.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1018385-died-while-driving-now-no-start.html#post9772177

... anyone need a great "repairman", he's a Ford Diesel mechanic... and does great work, for minimal labor cost!! cool.gif (and thanks to HOSS314 for his recommendations, however I didn't have to use them. I did call and talk to one of them, but my 'guy' pulled through)

TIME TO RIDE!!!!