Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

mccain epic conditions

mccain epic conditions no other words needed.....just amazing

I'll bet it was. But I'm getting tired of (and a little too old for) having to change clothes in the pouring rain and wind, otherwise I would have been out there too.

Drove by there on our way to a cloud-less sky at in-ko-pah. Looked like you needed a rain suit and goggle wipers

more than a couple of things, MSR rain jacket with the side angle zipper, new sidi crossfires (basically water proof), safety glasses (old school enduro glasses) or foam removed goggles with rainx, enduro vest under the rain jacket. hand guards taped or with MSR elefant ears, and my jaw chomper brux for when you get those cold shivers and clench!!.

oh yea most importantly remember to bring your helmet (see my admission of stupidity)...........i rode with my ski beanie........not a good practice, especially for a safety fanatic like myself. I brought my freshly washed liner but left the skid lid in the garage. rode very easy and controlled at a casual trail pace away from too many rock sections.

oh yea most importantly remember to bring your helmet (see my admission of stupidity)...........i rode with my ski beanie........not a good practice, especially for a safety fanatic like myself. I brought my freshly washed liner but left the skid lid in the garage. rode very easy and controlled at a casual trail pace away from too many rock sections.

I have left behind so many important things so many times that now I always have a spare helmet, boots, gloves and knee guards permanently stashed in the vehicle. :lol:

So jealous, I am stuck in freezing conditions in UK, my flight today was cancelled along with many others so hope may be able to get back to SD thursday.

So jealous, I am stuck in freezing conditions in UK, my flight today was cancelled along with many others so hope may be able to get back to SD thursday.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! :coolio:

DJ hit me up when get back into town, got some good loops to run in the moist dirt!! have some days off this week and next.

DJ hit me up when get back into town, got some good loops to run in the moist dirt!! have some days off this week and next.

Will do Robert.

Only good bike related part of trip was that my friend Ian where I keep my bikes in UK had managed to trade my 09 300 EXC KTM for a new 2011 KTM 150 XC he will race part time along with his daughter and I got to ride it a bit before the snow hit and it was a blast. So light, great handling, awesome suspension (same as my 11 300XC) and suprisingly flexible engine with decent bottom end but it is best ridden flat out and then it is astounding. I had ridden his brothers 08 125 EXC at a hare scramble pratise course earlier in year which was real muddy with his daughter and was shocked how much faster I was in nasty conditions on a small bike but this was so much better, and definately a great bike to practise on. Highly recomend anyone try a small bore 2 stroke on a tight trail / track to see how much fun they can be, opened my eyes for sure.

I had ridden his brothers 08 125 EXC at a hare scramble pratise course earlier in year which was real muddy with his daughter and was shocked how much faster I was in nasty conditions on a small bike but this was so much better, and definately a great bike to practise on. Highly recomend anyone try a small bore 2 stroke on a tight trail / track to see how much fun they can be, opened my eyes for sure.

There's a growing following here in the US of people who run the Husqvarna WR125 in various events and for trail riding. I rode Woodschick's WR 144 kitted machine up at Troy Meadows last summer and that thing really moved, even through technical stuff in the high altitude. I would like to have one of those myself someday.

+1,,,, sometimes I ride my boys RM125 out on the trail. with the right frame of mind.......aggressive and pinned in the power band with lots of clutch the thing just flys in and out of S/T corners, without tiring you out. I never took it into the rocks though. Man it sure sounds like your going 100 mph but really you going good but not crazy fast. Best of all you laugh and smile all the way. DD that WR125 is great machine and they can get into the garage for really good prices!!!

I'll bet it was. But I'm getting tired of (and a little too old for) having to change clothes in the pouring rain and wind, otherwise I would have been out there too.

I did something a little new and different,,,went into the outhouse with my rug and gear and did the presto change-o in there out of the wind and rain, the air was a little foul....but what the heck.

I did something a little new and different,,,went into the outhouse with my rug and gear and did the presto change-o in there out of the wind and rain, the air was a little foul....but what the heck.

I've seen people go in there to change before in bad weather.

Every time I have gone in there when it's raining, the wind and rain gets in anyway through the broken skylight windows. I guess it's not a good enough trade off for me. :huh: