Andrewdavis34

Need help wtih direction getting to Santa Veronia to Laguna Hanson

Hi all,

I am planning on taking a trip maybe down to Laguna Hanson this weekend. I have several friends that will be parking on their truck on the US side in Tecate and driving there non plated bikes to Santa Veronica. My question is does anybody know the distance from El Hongo to the Lake and back?. Both of my friends bikes have stock tanks and I am not sure they will have the range. Both will be riding Honda CRF250X's. Also what loop is more fun via El Hongo or La Rumorosa? Does anybody have a track log that they would be willing to share.

Thanks,

Andrew

Its about 60 miles one way --120 round trip --depends on the way you go and how many times you get lost. It can be less . Make shure you start early 8 8:30 -9 because the days are short.

I had tracks but lost them when my computer crashed.

I know I am not much help but a easy way to go for the first time baja travler is take the road from La Rumrosa to Luguna Hanson. Use a AAA baja map. You can go to the Saw MIll ( La Hurta --I think ) for gas .

Enjoy

Hi all,

I am planning on taking a trip maybe down to Laguna Hanson this weekend. I have several friends that will be parking on their truck on the US side in Tecate and driving there non plated bikes to Santa Veronica. My question is does anybody know the distance from El Hongo to the Lake and back?. Both of my friends bikes have stock tanks and I am not sure they will have the range. Both will be riding Honda CRF250X's. Also what loop is more fun via El Hongo or La Rumorosa? Does anybody have a track log that they would be willing to share.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew....

I've got a bunch of tracks to share with you.

I can send you up to Laguna Hanson (Saw Mill, Ramonas for Gas) one way, and bring you back another way.

... you tell me, I can tailor the ride to the novice... or the expert, and give you whatever you'd like.

I'd say the distance is anywhere from as short as 60, up to 75 miles as a maximum.

A couple places to depart from;

Park at KOA (now "Rancho Ojai") on the free road just outside of Tecate.

... no food really but a little store inside the main building.

Santa Veronica, however you have to drive in on the rough pot-hole road which is half dirt, half pavement.

... best Margs in town, and the kitchen is sometimes open for some good grub.

There's also all kinds of single track just out the backside of Santa Veronica... SUPER fun!!

... let me know where to send'em!