Sign in to follow this  
Czechsix

Nice weekend out at Johnson Valley

Excellent weather out there, about 70 and light wind. Only saw a few other riders, couple of quads, some trucks. Still seems to be very lightly populated, compared to several years back.

Took the new(old) xr4 out for the first real dirt day, boy do I have lots of work to do. Mostly on myself,hehe. Rode from the cabin we were using out by Landers, out to Means and Soggy, then out west, then to the Rock Corral and some single track, back to the cabin. 134 miles, then took a short loop out to Giant Rock, another 39 miles.

Fun day, only dropped it once at slow speed in sand, doing an off camber turn on a hill.

DSC00671.JPG

Johnson Valley is a fun place to ride. It's good you got out there, who knows how much longer it will remain open since the military is interested in the land.

Yep, BF, good point. Like many of the areas I rode years back, that are now gone.

Better ride while we can...then again, Irwin has been making noises about this for many years. Hell, I worked on an expansion project back in '96, for the Silurian Valley area North of Baker....and they still haven't expanded there.

Now watch, there'll be an announcement tomorrow about the expansion.

Had to laugh though, right after I took that shot, a couple of quad riders came past and started to do donuts and dust everyone out. Kept going and going, still going when I left. I think they were dusting out the folks on the other side of the rock on purpose. Good PR for off roaders, sigh. <_<

Did you pull into 4 corners for fuel? I think i saw you guys there I was on a black and siver KLR