Hi all,

I have a friend that is considering buying a Honda CFR250x. I know these bikes cannot be plated here in California. I was wondering if they are legal to drive on the highway down in Baja. I would like to take him down to Gonzaga Bay via LH-San Feliope-Gonzaga then back to Mex 1-Tecate.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Andrew

I've ridden on highways in Mexico with guys who don't have plated bikes and no problems.

I don't think you can get dirt bikes insured for street use in Mexico though.

I've ridden on highways in Mexico with guys who don't have plated bikes and no problems.

I don't think you can get dirt bikes insured for street use in Mexico though.

Couldn't get my WR insured in Mexico, but know that I can ride it without incident.

Yes you can ride with out a plate. Carry your Green Sticker Paperwork because they might ask to see it when you cross into Mexico.

One of our group was asked (by US border patrol) to "walk" their green sticker from the border checkpoint to their truck in the parking lot on the US side

As kug said: bring your paperwork for Mexican authorities for proof of ownership

many years I use my wr 250 and only 4 times I got pull over by mexican hwy patrol/federales asking for registration,never had motorcycle insurance, they never askme for it. crossing the border back to the states, only few times they make me push the bike from the border to the parkin lot, thats the smart thing to do, because the hwy patrol they know how can make few more tickets on the weekends.

One of our group was asked (by US border patrol) to "walk" their green sticker from the border checkpoint to their truck in the parking lot on the US side

I would highly recommend this. An encounter with a sheriff's deputy at the Tecate crossing turned into an ELEVEN HUNDRED DOLLAR ticket.

Don't ask, it still hurts.

There should be no such thing as a ticket over $100, period. What the hell has happened to this government?

Sorry to hear about this amigo.

There should be no such thing as a ticket over $100, period. What the hell has happened to this government?

Its broke?

Its broke?

It's not broke it still has checks in the book.