I was at the Circle K promptly at 6 (which thankfully felt like 7)

I was supposed to meet the WR buyer and Karlaeda... I gave up at 6:20, and headed out to Corral

When I got there, it was chilly... ktmlicious was suiting up, and some guy on a XRL was suited up... XRLnoob RODE up shortly after...

I offered him the warm cab on the truck and cranked up the heated seats to 11... a quick check revealed outside air temp was 31... He RODE from North Park in the freezing cold... hard core

We rode all the usual trails, so I'll cut to the chase and post the few cell phone pics I got...ktmlicious has picked up a bit of speed lately, and noob was rocking the BRP... we swapped for one trail, and the first thing I thought was "aaahhhh... nice couch"... he probably thought "nice 2x4"

These pics are mainly trail 8...

This is a black diamond trail... looks pretty tame, right?

IMG01261.jpg

IMG01260.jpg

same section... looks a little steeper here; that's Albert-licious going for a hike

fromthe downhill side

IMG01263.jpg

and a quick shot from Kernan

IMG01264.jpg

I couldn't catch Albert on his bike, so no pictures of him this time

The ride in the morning via I-8 was brutal, but bikeslut was kind enough to let me thaw inside his truck after i got to corral.

Got alot of useful tips, new trails and definitely pushed by comfort zone.

ktmlicious and bikeslut, thanks for an awesome day!

I managed to get footage of the ride and will post up later.

The ride in the morning via I-8 was brutal, but bikeslut was kind enough to let me thaw inside his truck after i got to corral.

Got alot of useful tips, new trails and definitely pushed by comfort zone.

ktmlicious and bikeslut, thanks for an awesome day!

I managed to get footage of the ride and will post up later.

Glad you guys had a good time!!

Hey XR, I was it you riding out on 94 at around 6:20? I think I passed you going the other way.

Anyway, I left around 5am, it was COOOLD so I hear ya! :)

from those pics. it varely looks like its uphill, it was way tougher, good job xr650noob.

The temps where cool, very little dust great company, FUN Day

Thanks for the speed comment BS, I still couldn't catch you though.

we swapped for one trail, and the first thing I thought was "aaahhhh... nice couch"... he probably thought "nice 2x4"

Haha. that's exactly what i thought.

xr650 rider, Try to modulate (slip) your clutch a little more on the big girl and maintain more constant throttle. You're riding over tough, bumpy hard stuff in good body position from the photo view, but the on again off again throttle (gas) is upsetting your smooth flow. You can smooth out the terrain with the clutch both under acceleration(less advanced) and deceleration (more advanced) my 2 cents worth of advice, good video.

Looks like y'all had a good ride, conditions looked great. BS is a great trail leader and solid/safe rider. Once we get past this upcoming event I would like to join you all again, maybe on my big girl DS TE610. RN

Albert! good to see you in the peleton, I still remember your never say die effort on that loose hill(advanced climb) at the mccain zone, we went up that thing yesterday, the loose sandy area is still the same but the rock steps are getting uglier by the minute. Did you get a softy(lower) seat for the 530?

xr650 rider, Try to modulate (slip) your clutch a little more on the big girl and maintain more constant throttle. You're riding over tough, bumpy hard stuff in good body position from the photo view, but the on again off again throttle (gas) is upsetting your smooth flow. You can smooth out the terrain with the clutch both under acceleration(less advanced) and deceleration (more advanced) my 2 cents worth of advice, good video.

Thanks for the advice man, i'll keep that in mind.