89R

New kid on the block.

Ok, not exactly a kid but new to the site. Old, retired AMA flattrack/road racer riding trail and GP's now. Have ridden with Rexr and MXBundy. Both really fun guys to ride with and excellent riders. Met RandyL many years ago at the CDBD grand opening protest rally up in Idlewild Ca. Ride a dual sported CRF450R and a XR350R. Live in Temescal Valley a couple of miles from the Kawi test track. Run a small aftermarket race/fabrication/restoration shop specializing in modern thumpers and vintage British bikes.

Great site, hope to meet up with you guys for a ride in the near future.

Thanks for the invitataion Rex.

89R.

Welcome to the site 89r. Do you have any more info on your buisness, (website, address, any preferences on what brands you like to work on)? Again, welcome and hope to meet you soon!

Ok, not exactly a kid but new to the site. Old, retired AMA flattrack/road racer riding trail and GP's now. Have ridden with Rexr and MXBundy. Both really fun guys to ride with and excellent riders. Met RandyL many years ago at the CDBD grand opening protest rally up in Idlewild Ca. Ride a dual sported CRF450R and a XR350R. Live in Temescal Valley a couple of miles from the Kawi test track. Run a small aftermarket race/fabrication/restoration shop specializing in modern thumpers and vintage British bikes.

Great site, hope to meet up with you guys for a ride in the near future.

Thanks for the invitataion Rex.

89R.

Welcome to the community!

Don't ride like BikeSlut...

Welcome to the site 89r. Do you have any more info on your buisness, (website, address, any preferences on what brands you like to work on)? Again, welcome and hope to meet you soon!

Kris. I would be glad to supply info on my business if it is ok with the site owner and Mods. Don't want to spam the site.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

89R

Kris. I would be glad to supply info on my business if it is ok with the site owner and Mods. Don't want to spam the site.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

89R

assuming you are a benefit to the guys at this site, go ahead and put a small blurb in your signature. if you decide to "join" the site and get access to the Members Only section you can post away to your hearts content in that section

[quote name='bikeslut'assuming you are a benefit to the guys at this site, go ahead and put a small blurb in your signature. if you decide to "join" the site and get access to the Members Only section you can post away to your hearts content in that section

I own and operate a small business called Alloy Graphics. Has nothing to do with graphics. Google Alloy Graphics Corona Ca for directions. We do custom metal fabrication, Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Chrome Moly, Titanium, etc. Can build most anything you want from a napkin drawing or a print. Also do complete rebuilds and race engines on modern day thumpers, CRF's, YZF's, etc. Former factory wrench for the Triumpn/BSA race team. Dealer of Kibblewhite, Hot Rods, Web Cam, Wiesco, Pro X, JRC Engineering, Sudco products. Also, specialize in complete ground-up chassis and engine restorations and racing engines for 1950's, 60's and early 70's era British bikes. Triumph, BSA, etc. Restoration services include Aluminum/Magnesium fin and casting repair and engine case reconditioning. Check out this link for some before and after pics of my casting and fin work. www.chicagostories.net/89r and also my old C&J Honda.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

89R

Well- a most hearty welcome, then.

Is there anything we can do to make your stay more pleasant? rolleyes.gif

Welcome 89R.... Glad you decided to join us..

I can vouch for the work that 89R and Alloy Graphics does. He has helped me several times in the past and I have seen many of his projects both during a build and when finished. Excellent craftsmanship and attention to detail in everything he does.

Plus he flat kicks butt on a bike too..

Aw Damn, there goes the neighbor hood! :torch:

Whatever you guys do, dont let him talk you into wearing the PINK TUTU! :dead:

Bundy

Aw Damn, there goes the neighbor hood! :torch:

Whatever you guys do, dont let him talk you into wearing the PINK TUTU! :dead:

Bundy

Hey Bundster. How ya doin'? We don't have the pink tutu anymore. Carlo won't give it back. :heh:

Thanks again for the welcome guys. And thanks for the good words Rex. For those that don't know, Rex is a pretty crafty guy too. Some of his woodworking projects are amazing.

Hey Bundster. How ya doin'? We don't have the pink tutu anymore. Carlo won't give it back. :heh:

OH.. I think there is a pink tutu or two laying around here somewhere. My guess is either Slut or Schwinn have it..

I was out of town when you sign up, so sorry for the delayed greeting, but welcome 89r...

I am an OLD flattrack racing fan...i grew up right accross the street from ASCOT raceway on the culdsac everyone used to park in.

I was at the race, in the corner, and first at the scene when Ted Booty passed away at Ascot. I used to hang out with Ronnie Jones 16...Mr. OKLAHOMA himself...he had a small local So Cal sponsor called Racecrafters in Lawndale, the owner used help me out a little when i was Road racing...

Hope to meet you some day, and maybe ride...i will have to ride up to your shop with my buddy on his 66 Norton Atlas 750 that is all Manxed out style

WOW, smells like an old folks rest home in here! :torch: OL89r, did you cut the chesse?

Bundy

Nope....That's just the way I smell. :blush: How's the seat biz doing Bundy? I need to talk to you about building a pillion pad for me if you are interested.

89R

I was out of town when you sign up, so sorry for the delayed greeting, but welcome 89r...

I am an OLD flattrack racing fan...i grew up right accross the street from ASCOT raceway on the culdsac everyone used to park in.

I was at the race, in the corner, and first at the scene when Ted Booty passed away at Ascot. I used to hang out with Ronnie Jones 16...Mr. OKLAHOMA himself...he had a small local So Cal sponsor called Racecrafters in Lawndale, the owner used help me out a little when i was Road racing...

Hope to meet you some day, and maybe ride...i will have to ride up to your shop with my buddy on his 66 Norton Atlas 750 that is all Manxed out style

Thanks Kellymac530.

If you grew up on the culdsac, you must have known Roxy Rockwood and Tommy. They lived in that area also. I tuned for Tommy when he was on the factory Triumph team. I was also there the night Ted was killed. Ascot took many of our youngest and finest. It was a very unforgiving racetrack.

I remember Racecrafters in Lawndale. I ran the machine shop at Bill Krause Sport Cycles in Inglewood. There were a lot of good raceshops in that area.

Stop by my shop sometime. I would love to see that Norton.

89R

That was a very solid wall around that track. Sadly i saw alot of people pass in sprint car races and a few in MC races there.... tough track, but exciting.

We moved there in May 1970, so i watched alot of races. I have seen A.J. Foyt race a sprint car there, All of the great flat trackers going back to Gary Scott, Dave Aldana, Mert Lawill, Springer, Carr, and many more...

I really Loved watching Speedway on the big half mile, not the little 1/8 they put in on the north end later on, but the big track...wow..watching Bobby Bast back that Jawa into turn 1 and over a ton was bitchen....

I will stop by your shop soon....welcome again ;)