Sun Rider

anyone going riding in San Diego Sep 2-5

Hi my name is Alex and I'm new to San Diego and I'm an intermediate skilled rider looking for new places to trail ride.

welcome to another North Co dual sport rider-

watch "informal rides" to see who is going riding, and join in.

Alex, I am hoping to take a ride this weekend also. Not sure where yet, but if you figure out where you want to ride, let me know. I'd like to stay in north county, and off road if possible. My XRR has knobbies on it and I'd like to keep them that way.

My newbie DS rider friend and I are planning a ride Sunday afternoon out in Ramona on some of the fire/truck trail roads. Not sure of the time yet. Let me know if your interested. The ride will be easy stuff mostly.

Rob..

My newbie DS rider friend and I are planning a ride Sunday afternoon out in Ramona on some of the fire/truck trail roads. Not sure of the time yet. Let me know if your interested. The ride will be easy stuff mostly.

Rob..

If you wouldn't mind another rider, I'd like to join you. I'm in Poway.

Rob..

If you wouldn't mind another rider, I'd like to join you. I'm in Poway.

Sure...I'll post when and where to meet on Saturday...

Riding to chapparal on friday morning for some new 606s then riding anza borrego all weekend, anyone welcome, and I have 10 acres private land to camp on. Rode from ocotillo wells to I-8 yesterday (fish creek-diablo) weather was nice but supposed to be damn hot by saturday.

Riding to chapparal on friday morning for some new 606s then riding anza borrego all weekend, anyone welcome, and I have 10 acres private land to camp on. Rode from ocotillo wells to I-8 yesterday (fish creek-diablo) weather was nice but supposed to be damn hot by saturday.

Ive been trying to find a route from 78 to I8. where did you fuel up at? how many miles was it? let me know next time you do that run I would like to tag along.

Alex, I am hoping to take a ride this weekend also. Not sure where yet, but if you figure out where you want to ride, let me know. I'd like to stay in north county, and off road if possible. My XRR has knobbies on it and I'd like to keep them that way.

Hey looks like there are a couple of groups riding this weekend. I'll try to show up to at lest one.

May I make a suggestion? Howsabout something like: start at gas station/store in Warner Springs, Lost Valley/Puerta Cruz truck trail(explore some side trails) to Anza, up Thomas Mt/Rouse Ridge, down Blackburn Ridge to Bautista cyn and up either of the off-road only single tracks to Hixson flat/Little Cahuila Mtn. Or it could start down somewhere in Ramona and go up Black Canyon Rd/Mesa Grande Rd to Warner Springs.

Rob..

sounds good I'll look for your post today.

Ok...For the Poway gang. My friend and I are meeting at 3:30 pm Sunday at the Napa Auto Parts on Scripps Poway Parkway (Link to Google Map). I will also stop for gas in Ramona at the Valero station located at 12th and Main probably just before 4 pm, if anyone wants to catchup with us there.

The plan is to ride Black Canyon Rd. to Santa Ysabel TT and then either go up Black Mountain TT or Lusardi TT, depending on the consensus of the group. This will be my friends first voyage on dirt. Hope to see a few of you.

PM if you have questions.

I'll try and meet you at the Valero. Hopefully I'll have my bathroom put back together by then. EDIT EDIT EDIT OK, I'm officially a "Maybe" as the Mistress and I are headed to Stone Brewery for lunch smiley-eatdrink008.gif

I'll try and meet you at the Valero. Hopefully I'll have my bathroom put back together by then. EDIT EDIT EDIT OK, I'm officially a "Maybe" as the Mistress and I are headed to Stone Brewery for lunch smiley-eatdrink008.gif

So much for the bathroom remodel (BTW that's a cool wifey biggrin.gif).....Have fun and we'll catch you another time.

Late post because the power was out in the neighborhood last night when I arrived home from the ride. Didn't come back on until 10 pm.

Had five riders yesterday (myself, Sun Rider, Mainblockhead, and two SDAR site lurkers, John, and Don). Had a great afternoon ride with good weather, great views, and nice company. Only Don and I knew each other before the ride. Good mix of skills that matched well with the selected route. I appreciate Mainblockhead and Sun Rider riding sweep (or point) and helping the newer riders. Everyone had dirt and smiles on their faces and stories to tell. No pictures by me (too busy riding to dig out the camera),,,Hopefully next time. My first SDAR informal ride and it was great riding with ya'll.

Rob..