Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crusty

2006 525 EXE

Guest Crusty

I don't know anything about KTM's I found a good deal on a 2006 525 exc. would this be a good bike. Is it very fast? Does anyone in here own one of these? Can you give me more details about it before I decide to purchase one? I have also been looking at the Honda450X and Honda 650R.

Crusty, I would say that yes KTM 525 exc are in fact fast bikes. You need to look at this individual bike but yes many of the members here have 525 exc. The are light weight out of the box race bikes. They do require more maintenance then the 650R. I would do some more research if I were you. Read thumper talk about it. http://www.thumpertalk.com/ I’m sure others here will help you with information about this bike.

they are great bikes, lots of guys here have them.

the 525 is a little heavier than the 450x, but lighter than the 650r.

the 525 has about the same service intervals as the 450x, but a little more frequent than the 650r

the 525 is as reliable as the 650r, but i personally believe the 525 is a bit more reliable than the 450x...but that is just my feelings many people here have the 450x and love them.

if this is one of your first bikes im not sure any of those are the best choices...

give us a few details= age,general size, riding history and skill level, amount you wanna spend, and are you looking for a dual sport bike...because "technically" NONE of those are "street legal" in california....

but if you have found any of those 3 bikes with a plate on it, almost any decent rider would be happy with any one of those 3 choices...

me, im a ktm fan...and as my name implies, i ride a ktm 530 and i absolutely love it...as good or better than any dual sport bike out there and as good or better than even most true dirt bikes...

the ktm is a big commitment to riding...

happy shopping

you found an 06 525 for 3400 bucks? plated?

i would probably buy the 06 and farkle out the bike with the 4k savings....

that said...that bike is just like mine, and i love it...

how many miles/hours on it? service records? any other info....you could probably get a 2010 530exc new for about 8-8500 bucks right now...

i bought mine new in 08, when the market was better and it was in higher demand and i paid 8900 OUT THE DOOR...that is with tax, title, dealer prep, freight, destination charges, licensing...

to pay 7400 for a used bike and then still have to pay another 9-10% tax on that and licensing, that is almost another grand...you are looking at 83-8500 bucks for a used bike you know nothing about...

i am POSITIVE that with the 2011's sitting on my local shops floor right now, and them still having 2010's sitting there...i know you could get a 2010 for 8500 OTD....if that 09 has alot of goodies on it other than black plastic, and that price is OTD...then that is an ok deal...if it is fairly stock...not really good price...