Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

TM Racing

robert, i know they make their own frames and plastics, but do they make all of their own engines, some of their own engines, or do they use all of other manufacturers engines?

back in the 90's a buddy of mine, donald upton had a TM ride locally. i think they were using their own motor back then...nice bikes

robert, i know they make their own frames and plastics, but do they make all of their own engines, some of their own engines, or do they use all of other manufacturers engines?

back in the 90's a buddy of mine, donald upton had a TM ride locally. i think they were using their own motor back then...nice bikes

I believe they make all their own engines, I know a friend of mine in UK had new 09 TM 250 enduro 2 stroke and that engine was basically a copy of an earlier Honda CR250 engine, same power vavle mechanism etc. even some Honda parts could be used as replacements. Biked looked great, handled nice and was blazing fast but marzochi forks were junk. He had forks worked on by 2 different tuners and neither could make it rideable so he had to sell it, wished he had paid bit extra and gone for ohlins forks which were an option, albeit expensive but would ahve been worth it.

I believe they make all their own engines, I know a friend of mine in UK had new 09 TM 250 enduro 2 stroke and that engine was basically a copy of an earlier Honda CR250 engine, same power vavle mechanism etc. even some Honda parts could be used as replacements. Biked looked great, handled nice and was blazing fast but marzochi forks were junk. He had forks worked on by 2 different tuners and neither could make it rideable so he had to sell it, wished he had paid bit extra and gone for ohlins forks which were an option, albeit expensive but would ahve been worth it.

the site only showed marzocchi forks but sachs shock with ohlins shock as an option...

if you look at the 530 model...the motor looks exactly like my ktm Xc4 motor..and the 144 looks like the ktm 144/150...but they only have one side view...wish the had a full circle view

although it does say dohc and 527 cc neither of which are like my ktm at sohc and 510cc :blink:

so i guess it is their own motor..? .

http://tmracingmotorcycles.com/

The US TM site. TM builds all their own motors no outsource for motors, but the usual outsource for all the external bits all high quality aftermarket items. Also like Dai said the older model 2T machines did have Honda compatible parts, I dont know about the new ones. Super exotic and very cool bikes from basically a small "garage" type factory in Pesaro.

i rode Donalds bikes back in '97 and they were really good back then...im sure they still are...great components...

The only TM I have ridden was Trussardi's factory 125. Honestly that was before I knew how to ride a 125 properly, so it was on off like a light switch. The one thing that was mind blowing were the brakes, they were just insane, I think they had Nissin masters with Brembo calipers the pads??