Lightweight

Lightweight New Member

Hello everyone I am a new member. Schwinn made me do this, I am an old friend of his and have known him since High School, but please don't hold that against me.

Some of you met me at Pine Valley I am the guy with the big blue International and the flat front tire on the KTM 300 XCW. Turns out it was a Tubliss product defect.

I had not ridden since I was a kid until about 8 months ago when I started riding with Schwinn again. That was a rude awakening, thanks Steve for breaking me in slowly. Yea rigtht. My first ride after 28 years was great right up until 5 minutes into the ride I was off the trail in a ditch with my brand new Aprilia 450. I only tore the seat and bent the radiator. On my second ride I went down hard and was flopping around on my back like a cocockroach sprayed with raid. Lucky for me Schwinn was right there and he ran to my bike and saved it from the dirt. Thanks again Steve. My bruises and ego were all better in a month.

To make a long story short after a few rides and a bike change I can do a whole ride without a crash. Schwinn has me addicted to the sand and I had my most fun at Glamis (cause there is no pain when I crash). I like all types of off road riding and even though my bikes are dual sport I perfer the dirt or any road that has no cars.

I look forward to meeting you all soon.

Lightweight

It is true he took a liking to Glamis very fast and is always close behind when I am leading. His older Brother Paul was also in my Wedding party. They seem to be collecting 2 stroke 300 KTMs. Also a Husky and Aprilia. He is a fast learner and coming up quickly. He also has a younger Brother that loves Mtn Elavation type riding.

"known by the company i keep"..crap i hung out with bikeslut ONCE :wacko:

can anyone forgive me?...

lightweight...welcome to the club...schwinn MADE you do this....thanx for that distain already... :blink: wait till you get to us before you are sick of us.. :lol:;)

just kidding...welcome, great group here...

Welcome aboard. Perhaps you need a little more monsoon riding at McCain. :wacko:

there must be something about aprilias and cliffs that makes them not work well together. FINALLY!! another aprilia rider that makes 3!

Welcome to the group. I was on the Pine Valley ride. I am real interested in your PLATED ktm 300.

there must be something about aprilias and cliffs that makes them not work well together. FINALLY!! another aprilia rider that makes 3!

The Ape is for sale. He now has several KTM 300s. 1 of them is all carbon fiber or at least as much as he can buy. His goal is to have a 190 lb ktm 300.

Schwinn is right, I will probably sell the Aprilia because I think it is just too heavy for me. I might put it on a diet like I did with my 300s but have not yet decided. He is also right about my goal which is to build the world's lightest dual sport bike. I am down around 205 now but have more to go to get down in the mid to low 190s. The parts are on order, I am just waiting for them to arrive. The next two items are the titanium pipe and carbon fiber rear frame section. After that titanium bolt kit.

Hi Mimi no more water rides for me. I am still trying to get the smell out of the Escalade from 6 wet bodies. Who's idea was that anyway?

I just found out the the new 2011 300 XC has a new frame, suspension and 6 speeds. Might be time for a new project!

Thanks everyone for the kind words it will be fun getting to know you all.

Lightweight

Hi Mimi no more water rides for me. I am still trying to get the smell out of the Escalade from 6 wet bodies. Who's idea was that anyway?

Hey, Schwinn and I had a fun time trail riding. :lol:

Hey, Schwinn and I had a fun time trail riding. :)

Yea we did. Pouring rain and all that single track. Remember we stopped out in the middle of nowhere and just sat there on our bikes and just listened and watched the weather without speaking, i know a rare moment for the both of us :lol: but it was awsome.

Yea we did. Pouring rain and all that single track. Remember we stopped out in the middle of nowhere and just sat there on our bikes and just listened and watched the weather without speaking, i know a rare moment for the both of us :lol: but it was awsome.

I have had that experience more than once. Its an awesome feeling!