Sign in to follow this  
DigDug

Late notice Pinnacles ride - Saturday

Should be a beautiful weekend up on the mountain (sunny and a high of 75 at Arrowhead). Joliet and I are planning on heading up tomorrow and doing a little mountain riding. Plan is to stage from Pinnacles and ride some of the Pinnacles 50 stuff in reverse (to check out Devil's Hole) as well as explore a few more trails up there. I'll have to sit down this afternoon after work and put a loop together.

This is an intermediate-to-advanced ride. Again not to scare anyone, just know what you're getting into.

Right now, we're planning on meeting at the Deer Springs Park-n-ride on the west side of I-15, just north of Escondido and ready to roll by 7am - Google Maps Link Here It's about a two hour drive so that'll put us up there and riding by 9:30 or so.

You'll also need an Adventure Pass to park up there.

If anyone wants to meet up at the Pinnacles staging area, here are the directions:

•Drive north on I-15 to I-215 (don't miss the exit in Riverside to stay on I-215).

•Drive north on I-215 to Highway 210.

•Go east on Highway 210 to SR 18 (Waterman Avenue) in San Bernardino. Exit the freeway and turn left (north).

•Drive north on SR 18 up the mountain to Daley Canyon Road about 5.5 miles east of the Crestline SR 138 turnoff. Turn left (north) on Daley Canyon Road. Note your odometer and go as follows:

•At 0.5 mile, junction with SR 189. Turn left.

•At 0.8 mile, fork. Go right and then immediately left onto Grass Valley Road.

•At 2.8 miles, fork with Grass Valley Road on the left. Turn left.

•At 5.3 miles, intersection with SR 173. Turn left.

•At 5.5 miles, intersection with Pilot Rock Road (2N33). Keep going straight.

•Continue on SR 173 about 0.7 mile to the entrance of a rifle range. Just past the rifle range, take a right on Willow Creek Jeep Trail (dirt road). Pinnacles staging area is on your right a couple hundred yards down.

GPS coordinates for the entrance to Pinnacles Staging Area: N 34° 17.89' W 117° 11.98'

Who's in?

Have Fun! I Gotta work this coming weekend but I was just up there. We staged at Pilot Rock and rode to Pinnacles. Don't run a side vented airbox if you plan to make the water crossing at Blue Hole. Look for my blinker pieces on 3N34 up the hill climb toward Tent Peg Campground. Maps