Sign in to follow this  
socalhodaka

Today I Hooked A Rare One

Lately a bunch of bikes have been coming and going though my hands. In recent weeks I have sold my Hodaka Road Toad, helped Ken sell his Hodaka Thunderdog, bought a Hodaka Super Combat 125 with some rare aftermarket parts, sold my Harley and today made a straight trade.

This is the Hodaka Super Combat 125 I got for $350 thanks to ThophyHunter's find on CL, this was a deal and had planned on bringing it to Hodaka Days to sell for $800 and even that is a good deal because this bike runs .

DSCN5399.jpg

Then yesterday a guy called passing though from Virgina, what! Asked if I wanted to trade for a Hodaka Dirt Squirt 80. He saw a post I made on a Hodaka site. First ?? does it run? Yes. Is it missing any parts? No. OK I will take a look and we met behind Nessy Burger on the 76. Ok how do I keep from soiling myself when he pulled it out of his van. This is a rare model Hodaka, the last production model made before Hodaka closed the doors and not many were made. So I rode it around the parking lot and we made the trade. Why some may think, I know I have a bunch and I'm really selling off the more common and some duplicates that I have.

The rare ones make the restoration process that much more fun. I can't wait to get started. Oh right, the DS80 is like an XR75 size bike.

DSCN5402.jpg

I think that bike was my old SC125 I sold to some guy about 6 years ago.. Cool to see it still out there. The PC suspention stickers and the frame paint gave it away. The paint is from a IH DT466 engine. The rear shocks were rebuilt by Charlie Curnutt himself. WOW, nice find.

BC

I think that bike was my old SC125 I sold to some guy about 6 years ago.. Cool to see it still out there. The PC suspention stickers and the frame paint gave it away. The paint is from a IH DT466 engine. The rear shocks were rebuilt by Charlie Curnutt himself. WOW, nice find.

BC

Brent, that's cool that it was your old bike. I did swap out the seat with the brown thing that's on it now. The black seat had a really good seat pan with no rust or cracks so I swapped it out with the brown one with home made cover. What really caught my eye was the cool period faded stickers on the tank. The Redline swing arm is a rare find now days also.

Did it still have the Vesco tank on it when you got it??

Did it still have the Vesco tank on it when you got it??

No just like it looks. I just got it a few weeks ago.