Sign in to follow this  
Joliet

Saturday 2-17 Maintenance Day

I will be at my shop in Vista on Sat. from 8am until ? Any one who wants to put on a tire, change oil, adjust valves, suspension, ect. is welcome to come. I am choosing Saturday because the local shops will be open if someone needs any parts. I have purchased a Hot Cams 9.48mm shim kit, so I will have shims available if some one wants to do the valves on there DRZ400 or other 450 four stroke. I will have snacks and drinks. For lunch instead of BBQing I will eat at the shopping center 1/4 mile away. They have a Taco Bell, Jack in the Box and several other resteraunts. I know, it's not like the Gunner's awsome hot links, but I had to borrow a grill last time and I don't want to ask them again.

The address here is:

1234 Keystone Way, Vista, CA 92081

Near the old Carlsbad raceway motocross/dragstrip

Phone is 760-727-4452

Let me know if you are interested in comming. If you have any questions just call or PM me. Ken

I'm not sure I'll have my parts be Saturday. Also 3-19 of the shop manual says I need a 26mm offset wrench and a "special tool" (09930-31921, Rotor Remover, $76.86) to get my generator rotor off. Hmmm.

I'm not sure I'll have my parts be Saturday. Also 3-19 of the shop manual says I need a 26mm offset wrench and a "special tool" (09930-31921, Rotor Remover, $76.86) to get my generator rotor off. Hmmm.

I've got the Rotor/Flywheel puller on the way. Do you have an offset 26mm Wrench?

No luck on the 26mm wrench. If you can find a cheap box end, we can put the tourch to it and make it an offset. Is there room in there for a crows foot? I have even seen little box ends like a crows foot that you could put a ratchet and extention on. I was down at the local shop this morning and saw Motion Pro has different flywheel tools. Ken

No luck on the 26mm wrench. If you can find a cheap box end, we can put the tourch to it and make it an offset. Is there room in there for a crows foot? I have even seen little box ends like a crows foot that you could put a ratchet and extention on. I was down at the local shop this morning and saw Motion Pro has different flywheel tools. Ken

I bought the Motion Pro flywheel puller, it was reccomended over the OEM. I'm picking up a 24/26mm Craftsman Box Wrench this afternoon that we can torch ($17). The only other ones I saw were $130. Yike-crap!! B)

I still don't know whether my parts will be in, but I would like to go over the suspension set-up on yours. Printed a bunch of stuff out today. Also been reviewing the tire change videos. Though I've done my share of tires, still picking up new tricks watching these vids. I might also bite the bullet and add rim-lock on each rim. I've never had a flat, but then again I'm always running 18/22, which isn't the best for sand.

What time are others showing up? I've got a late dinner so I wasn't planning on getting up there by 8am, maybe by 10? (if my parts come in I'll bite the bullet and truck up there early)

No one confirming except you so far. A couple of "I will try to stop by". See you tomorrow. Ken

No one confirming except you so far. A couple of "I will try to stop by". See you tomorrow. Ken

Then I'll give you a more precise time later this evening.

sandiegoland Posted Today, 12:38 PM I'm picking up a 24/26mm Craftsman Box Wrench this afternoon that we can torch.

Don't torch Craftsman Tools$$$$, go to Harbor Freight and buy cheep to bend. You can get a whole set for the price of 1 wrench. B)

sandiegoland Posted Today, 12:38 PM I'm picking up a 24/26mm Craftsman Box Wrench this afternoon that we can torch.

Don't torch Craftsman Tools$$$$, go to Harbor Freight and buy cheep to bend. You can get a whole set for the price of 1 wrench. ;)

Unless you see something I don't -- no offset for 26mm. Not even a regular box wrench (skips from 24 to 30). Believe me it's an odd ball, but I'll check again...

Ken, I'll be there between 9 and 10. I'll bring my wrench to torch, my shifter to grind, my spoons, and some suspension guides.

I will be there all day regardless. I always have lots I can do down there. Ken

Guest crmyers

hey guys if there are 2.54 cm/ 1 inch, which equals a 25.4mm , no 9/16 equals a 14mm , 2x 14= 28, 1 1/8 , hell I don't know maybe a 1 1/8 , probably easier to find than a 26mm, I can't think I am going to check out a 450x tomorrow. yeeha!

Don't torch Craftsman Tools$$$$, go to Harbor Freight and buy cheep to bend. You can get a whole set for the price of 1 wrench. ;)

Unless you see something I don't -- no offset for 26mm. Not even a regular box wrench (skips from 24 to 30). Believe me it's an odd ball, but I'll check again...

I guess you would have to go there and check it out to make sure. The offset will be done with the torch.

Wrench set $26.00

Ken the 26mm tool worked! The bends cleared just enough to get a bite. I'm not sure a cheaper or shorter wrench would've cut it. As it turned out I had to put a block under the wrench and use a breaker bar on the 17mm nut to break it loose. It torques on at 72.5 lb-ft., so who knows how tight it had become.

Now we just have to see if the rest goes well when the parts arrive. ;)

I guess you would have to go there and check it out to make sure. The offset will be done with the torch.

Wrench set $26.00

That looks like it has it, but I'd used up my errand time before Saturday and just didn't have any more time to chance it.

Glad it worked, hope the rest goes well for you and you can ride in the dash. It was nice to finaly meet your wife. It was nice to have a hand for changing the tires.

Thanks to Schwinn for stopping by and letting me droll on on your new KTM, sweet bike.

See you guys at the dash. Ken