hoss314

Ever thought........sure wish I could have that back

Over the years I have had lots of classic cars, motorcycles, trucks etc. etc.

I often find myself daydreaming about getting one or another back.

Example: I used to own a older 4X4 Suburban that was registered as a diesel.......so, of course that was an oppurtunity for me. Built 350 (not even close to smog legal but was cleaner on the smog machine than any smog legal truck), 700R4 trans., newer model interior, body and paint. Wah lah!

We were discussing about a larger vehicle yesterday and I wtarted my daydream about having that truck back.

Anybody ever acted upon their quest to find their old vehicle and getting it back? How did you do it?

burb.jpg

i have gotten back a stolen motorcycle after 2 years....i have gotten back a sold motorcycle...but it was sold to a friend in my riding circle, so it never went very far.

i have seen cars i have sold out on the road, but never bought one back.

i had that same model burb back in the 90's, dang i do miss that rig, it was so reliable and i offroaded that thing so hard and it never left me stuck.

i loved that truck...best wishes on finding it and getting it back

Peter Egan, columnist for Cycle World and other magazines has re-purchased previously owned vehicles often enough that its now referred to as 'doing an Egan' or 'eaganing' a bike, etc.

He's written several columns over the past few years describing both the planned and accidental circumstances and thought processes that bring him to such decisions. Good writer and good reads.

Personally, I've been happy to move on from all past m/c and auto sales - only nostalgia leads me to consider having one or two back in the garage again....

I had an 83 Suzuki SJ410; paid $200 for her, and built it into a nearly unstoppable rock crawler.

Then she started letting me down, I was about to deploy and I sold it for $2500. Last year I was out on the GSA and saw a Red SJ, I got up to the guy and was looking it over, we got to talking and I got his info, just out of curiousity. I went back through all my old files and called him with the VIN, sure enough it WAS MY OLD SJ.

Since then he has rolled it and it burned... I would have bought her back in a heartbeat...