Guest Hammerin Hammon

What and where is EBC and cycle parts west.

What and where is EBC and cycle parts west.

ECB=El Cajon Blvd

Cycle Parts west is a retail MC parts shop on ECB, about a block west of the 805 offramp to ECB.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I will have to stop by there next time I am going to Mex.

Cycle Gear is another great shop (they give me rider support so I have to plug them ;) ). They are all over the place, and there's one right down the street from NCY in San Marcos.

This did become a thread about tires.

The Bridgestone Trail Wing series has 20 different tread patterns. To lump them ALL into a big bucket of crap is a bit presumptious. I put 3000 complaint free miles on my rear (TW52) and the front (TW301) will continue to go on until it needs to be replaced, currently 3600 miles. I'd replace them with another set of of trail wings except they're cost is too much for my current budget. Although the Dunlop 606s are great offroad, how many of you can say you've gotten 3000 miles out of them before it was time to replace. When I ride I have ~60 miles of pavement to and from the dirt and perhaps another 25 on the rides we typically do. There's no way I'd mount a 606 for the riding I do, but each of you have your own needs, expectations and budgets.

See you at the dash with one Trail Wing and one Kenda Trackmaster (a real meat carver).

Jon