Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

Husqvarna 2011 TC/TE450 breaks cover

For the SDAR crew, as this is based the G450X motor you can bet that this will also come in a US street legal version (smart marketing)

http://www.moto.it/news/e-pronta-nuova-husqvarna-450.html

Quoted from Mr. Scot Harden from the cafe husky site

The bike was 100% designed by the Italian team in Centrostile at the factory. There is no German influence.

Testing has been ongoing for several months.

The plastic is very close to the final design.

The reason the photos were released is so that actual real world racing can begin.

From a rider's perspective:

The power is substantially better than the current G450X.

The bike while about the same weight as a G450X feels much lighter. It is extremely easy to manouever around on.

Straight line acceleration over uneven terrain is amazing.

The test riders including Saliminen all turn their best lap times on this particular test motorcycle over any of the other bikes tested including KTM, Honda, BMW and our current TC/TE450.

Vibration is almost zero.

EFI is ridiculously correct.

Altogether I was extremely impressed with the bike.

Real world race testing should help with all the final settings before production begins.

The factory has done a very thorough job in developing this bike.

Scot

(Harden)

That bike is HOT ! B) Love the Black too.. ;)

pretty wicked looking. i love the rear link....it does not hang down like japan mx bikes do, it almost looked like it had no link at first until the pics focused in on it. all of the linkage is on top of the swing arm....looks like a mix of a ktm linkless and a new top link...very cool.

i also like the rear fuel tank and low weight center from the central fuel tank...very cool

is it just me or does the forks look wider than most bikes? looks like they have a bigger gap between the fork legs....could just be the angle of the photo.

the only thing that looked like it could be an issue to me is the hoops above the pegs for the swing arm pivots, it looks to me like they might take some getting used too the feel of them as opposed to a relatively smooth side above the pegs for your boots to rub on. could have an odd feel against your boots like a pressure point right at your ankle..

i would love to ride one....robertacio if you hear of any test/preview days like ktm does sometimes, let me know..

what we are seeing just now in race form is a prototype