Sign in to follow this  
signit98

No, REALLY!

While last weeks trip required a mud-stuck-puddle-rescue, today's variety was that of a broken-valve-hits-piston which in turn lets engine decide to strike (pun intended).

I don't think I am going to ride with him anymore...

We started with this somewhere along Laguna Meadow Road...

post-13862-1272172743_thumb.jpg

post-13862-1272172761_thumb.jpg

Then we figured out why the Phantom Trail is called that way... somewhere in the last third on the way down, all of a sudden THE TRAIL WAS GONE!!!

post-13862-1272172886_thumb.jpg

post-13862-1272172896_thumb.jpg

Then we meandered along S2, looking for roads to discover, when my buddies dinosaur ATK decided that 4 valves are to many and dropped one... AT FULL SPEED!

Yeah... engine stuck, he is stuck... the truck was in Pine Valley... here he is, in search of what was wrong. The initial thought was timing belt. Then the starter motor clutch... no mas.

Maybe it's time to rethink?

post-13862-1272173117_thumb.jpg

post-13862-1272173190_thumb.jpg

What really got me was that I got stuck in the burning heat of the desert last weekend, no water, virtually no shade and waiting for over 4 hours... while he today was instantly invited to join some folks who were camping at Agua Caliente. After the remaining two of us blasted up Mason Valley Truck trail (very nice right now, btw.) and then back to Alpine to pick up the truck, we drove down the 8 and then across S2 to pick him up. When we got there, he sat in the pool, well fed and just having fun... SIGH!

It was still a fun day... some nice riding to be had right now!