Sign in to follow this  
2Wheels

Boulder Creek Rd.

Posted Image

The ride starts here.

Posted Image

That fenced in area to the left has llamas in it.

Posted Image

After 5 miles, the pavement ends. The high mountain in the background is Cuyamaca Peak. At 6,512 feet elevation, it's the second highest mountain in San Diego County.

Posted Image

I even had a water crossing along the route.

Posted Image

After 17 miles, you return to to tarmac as you cross Engineers Rd by the Pine Hills Fire Station. If you want to go to Cuyamaca Lake from here, a sign at this intersection says it's 6 miles away.

Posted Image

This is the north end of Boulder Creek Road.

Who, besides me, has fell victim to that slimey concrete? It's nice to see the water is not too high.

Cool 2wheels!! I'd like to try this some time..... :P

I like this route as a way to get up to Julian from Descanso. It's worth it for the scenery, and it can be just as fast as Hwy 79 if you get stuck behind a slow RV like we were that day when we came back from Boston Mangler's ride to Palomar Mountain.

[i like this route as a way to get up to Julian from Descanso. It's worth it for the scenery, and it can be just as fast as Hwy 79 if you get stuck behind a slow RV like we were that day when we came back from Boston Mangler's ride to Palomar Mountain.

True... and you can use Viejas Grade to get from Alpine to Descanso... Also very little traffic, well graded dirt road, and awesome views.

Who, besides me, has fell victim to that slimey concrete? It's nice to see the water is not too high.

I know two folks who've nearly taken a dip. The shallower, the slimier...