Kris

IMS Fuel Tank

Well, the IMS fuel tank on my Husky is leaking again,(fourth tank)! This one developed a leak in the area of the locating pin at the rear of the tank on the right side. I have sent an e-mail to Jeff at Hall`s Cycle where I bought the tank. I`ll see what he has to say and go from there. I would like to get a refund and wait for Safari`s offering to come out. It`s supposed to be out mid 2010 and be between 4 and 4 1/2 gallons. No price on the web site yet. I just clicked on the contact us link on Safari`s web site and it`s North Coast Motorsports in Oceanside!

Joliet and Rexr are also having troubles with after market tanks on their huskys, Whats up with that.

Kris.. IMS is up in Moreno Valley. Give them a call. They were very customer service oriented when I went up there.

Just out of curiosity what color of tanks have you been having problems with? Have they all been clear or have you had a black one leak too?

Kris.. IMS is up in Moreno Valley. Give them a call. They were very customer service oriented when I went up there.

Just out of curiosity what color of tanks have you been having problems with? Have they all been clear or have you had a black one leak too?

+1

I've heard that the clear and the black ones run different plastic compounds and that the black ones don't split as easily

I've heard that the clear and the black ones run different plastic compounds and that the black ones don't split as easily

Same here that is why I was asking.. I had a clear tank and it cracked. They replaced it with a black one because that is what they had in stock at the time and said that the black holds up better.

I hate the way the black one looks though..

Same here that is why I was asking.. I had a clear tank and it cracked. They replaced it with a black one because that is what they had in stock at the time and said that the black holds up better.

I hate the way the black one looks though..

strega... count to ten

rex... I assume you like the way the black keeps the gas inside better, right?

All mine have been the natural clear ones. Jeff at Hall`s cycle said he was going to send me a black one the last time but when I opened the box it was the clear one.

I bought a black IMS tank for my 08 TE450 from Hall's and it had a pinhole leak right out of the box. I wrote to IMS directly and they said they'd send me an RMA but I got lost in the shuffle and had to ask again a week and a half later. The replacement tank eventually came in a mangled, reused box with a pointless, crumpled up piece of paper in it. It just gave me a weird, second-hand citizen vibe. Still, to IMS's credit, nobody else was making a tank. The one I currently have has lasted a year...I thought for sure it would've cracked by now given all the stories about this tank. Hope I didn't jinx myself...

rex... I assume you like the way the black keeps the gas inside better, right?

For now... :rolleyes:

Jeff at Hall`s Cycle is sending me a black one, (shipping label inside box to return leaking tank).

are other people with other brands of bikes having the same problem with clear tanks? how about clear tanks of other manufacturers...like an acerbis on a ktm?

i am, of course, not asking for selfish reasons...but merely looking to be helpful B)

okay..i will just ask..is my acerbis tank on my ktm gonna start leaking? cause i will be pissed... :drinks:

btw, not to hi jack, but KRIS...i see in your garage of past rides you had a triumph tiger cub....very nice...that was my second "dirt bike" back in 1973-74...what a tractor...i would kill for that bike now...not a human of course... :) but i would kill bugs, rats, mice, skunks, opposums, i might even kill a cat for a clean tc 200 today....sorry dirt dame....i wont kill your cats, just the neighbor cats who seem to think my lawn is a litter box :lol:

hi jack over....

i might even kill a cat for a clean tc 200 today....sorry dirt dame....i wont kill your cats, just the neighbor cats who seem to think my lawn is a litter box :lol:

hi jack over....

I only have one cat. She just seems like a bunch of them. :drinks:

kmac... I think this is an issue with the IMS tank for the Husky..

Good question Kelly... I've read over 2200 pages of ADV DR650 thread and nobody's ever mentioned their IMS leaking.

kmac... I think this is an issue with the IMS tank for the Husky..

Yeah, I think it has to do with all the sharp angles on it.

okay, so i wont start to panic about my acerbis clear cracking....although i think if i crash anymore im gonna grind thru the front lower corner.

2 lay overs and the corner has a pretty big grind on it...kinda scary