kellymac530

6.3gal acebis on 530

hey guys, does anyone know how the radiators mount on the tank or do they? the stock rads are locked into place by a bolt thru the stock shrouds, but on the 6.3g tank there is no where to mount them....they dont just flop do they? anyone encountered this? am i just missing something?

i havent actually installed it yet, it JUST got here. but i dont see a mount hole for it.

should i just drill a hole and silicone it up??? :blink: just kidding on that part....ideas?

Kelly, so the 6.3 has the built in shroud right. Maybe you need to have either Radiator Guards like the Devol or Moose Racing or Radiator Braces from Works Connection. I have the Devol on my 520 and they hold the Radiator to the frame and my shroud mounts to the guard.

I assume the new tank wraps around the radiator where the shrouds would be. The holes in the radiator are for holding the shrouds in place so you don't need to worry about them with the new tank. I have the 13 liter KTM tank on my 525 and it does not mount to the radiators. Make sure there are not any sharp edges along the radiators where they might rub against the tank. My tank fits against the radiators in a couple of spots.

yeah the tank wraps around where the shrouds would be. but on my bike the shrouds actually stabilize the radiators quite a bit.

a guy on adv said the bumpers they supply bolt to the rads and they interlock with the tank and both get stabilized.

we will see tomorrow.

yeah the tank wraps around where the shrouds would be. but on my bike the shrouds actually stabilize the radiators quite a bit.

a guy on adv said the bumpers they supply bolt to the rads and they interlock with the tank and both get stabilized.

That sounds the same as the KTM tank setup. I forgot about the bumpers. They bolts to the holes where the shrouds normally fasten. I also have the Devol guards like socalhodaka and they work good to protect and stabilize the rad's. You should be good to go.

That sounds the same as the KTM tank setup. I forgot about the bumpers. They bolts to the holes where the shrouds normally fasten. I also have the Devol guards like socalhodaka and they work good to protect and stabilize the rad's. You should be good to go.

yes the factory ktm hard parts tahk is exactly the same tank. acerbis makes most of ktms plastic parts still. my stock tank says acerbis right on the bottom.

and yes they are like bumpers on the radiator nuts.

my tank is all mounted up now, real nice set up. very wide up at the front but that is past your knees. so it is barely wider than stock in front of the tank. it looks like it carrys the weight pretty low. i think im gonna like it