Sign in to follow this  
ADV Bum

Fri Exploring!

I met Hondapilot in Ramona. We had a blast. We were exploring and finding new trails. Cant tell you where we went cause Im good like that! Have to say it was probably the best ride I have gone on yet! We did some old favorites. Then we found a pile of new trails waiting to be ridden. Some single track, and hit a patch of snow! Im sure he will let you know where they all are! It got cut short because I had to pick up my kids. It took us 2 hours to get back to ramona by street and black canyon. I had to pick them up with moto in tow, but I made with minutes to spare. Thanks Jon it was great. Next time we will start earlier go farther and log some new trails.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Hey Xr bum can you do another night ride. meet at my house and ride some trails in san marcos above the 15 freeway Meet at 6 be back home by 9 Munday-Tue works well.

I knew today's ride was going to be rough when the first gate we came to after getting on the dirt looked like this:

Posted Image

Jus kiddin'

I agree with XR650bum that was a phenomenal time we had today. We covered almost 150 miles after leaving Ramona on a route I planned out using Google Earth. We started out on Pamo Rd toward Black Canyon Rd and made our way to the 79 and on to Warner Springs. From there we went up Lost Valley Rd to a little unmarked trail with a really nice view of one of these:

Posted Image

not the actual gate, but you get the idear.

From this point I was broken as most of my original route up to this point had already been blocked by gates

and I felt bad about bringing the XRBum out for my exploring but he was open to lookin around with me. So we just took off on every spur that looked like a trail toward Johnson Canyon. We started making great time in a nice sand wash but that quickly ended:

Posted Image

Quite Literally

We flipped a B here in this wash and then continued on Lost Valley Rd until we found Puerta La Cruz Rd and this took us to Chihuahua vally Rd and that put us back on course. From there it was Cooper Cienega TT to a network of dirt roads south of Anza where we took Table Mt TT to the sickest single track I've ever been on. Here we had to dodge rocks, ruts and negotiate our way around outboard motors, dryers and car seats. After we passed the unofficial town dump we had a really fun time finding our way to Rt. 371.

By then it was 1:30 and WAY past lunchtime.

Posted Image

I must say there wasn't one type of riding surface not covered in todays ride. We hit everything today freshly graded, washboard, and washed out fire roads, pulvarized granite trails, sand washes, gnarly single track and as Bum pointed out even SNOW.

Unfotunately we couldn't finish the ride to the top of Santa Rosa and Toro peaks as planned, but next time we'll dawdle less in deadend washes and we'll have enough time to scale the lofty 8,716' Toro peak before lunch.

Til next time,

Cheers