Sign in to follow this  
papaalex

Big Sunday Ride

Hi all,

I would like to do the following on Sunday 01/28/07 starting very early 7-8 AM...lots of miles to cover B)

Home/paved---Viejus Grade Rd./dirt---Boulder Creek Rd/dirt---Banner/paved---Meson Valley Track Trail/dirt---S2/paved---Fish Creeck/Split Mountain/sand---Ocatillo Wells/sand,Lunch---Borrego Springs/sand,Lunch---Montezuma Valley Rd./paved---San Felippe Rd. /paved---79---After Warner Springs---Lost Valley Rd.++++Puerto La Cruze/hard packed---Palomar D/hardpacked---Black Mountain/hardpacked---Ramona/paved---Home.

Do you like this????? B)

Alex

Hi all,

I would like to do the following on Sunday 01/28/07 starting very early 7-8 AM...lots of miles to cover B)

Home/paved---Viejus Grade Rd./dirt---Boulder Creek Rd/dirt---Banner/paved---Meson Valley Track Trail/dirt---S2/paved---Fish Creeck/Split Mountain/sand---Ocatillo Wells/sand,Lunch---Borrego Springs/sand,Lunch---Montezuma Valley Rd./paved---San Felippe Rd. /paved---79---After Warner Springs---Lost Valley Rd.++++Puerto La Cruze/hard packed---Palomar D/hardpacked---Black Mountain/hardpacked---Ramona/paved---Home.

Do you like this????? B)

Alex

Not sure where home is but it sounds like a fun ride. Let me know some more details and maybe we can go riding.

Everydody comes from different areas/homes...The beggining of Viejus Grade Rd. can be an official meeting spot (we can detail it later).

Alex.

Alex, You will never cover all of that in one day, even with your super socks!

Kevin,

I think, with longer days, with snacks/b--rs packed along and super socks on, it can be done. Not this Sunday (must watch Australian Open Mens Final 12:30 AM)...but some day I'll give it a shot.

So, we can trim the ride down to a manageable size with a late start this time. I'm open...any takers?

Later

Alex.

Hi all,

I would like to do the following on Sunday 01/28/07 starting very early 7-8 AM...lots of miles to cover :lol:

Do you like this????? :lol:

Alex

Alex, your the man! Tear it up, sounds like 2-300 miles. "You can do it!"

Just take it easy on the new guys. :ph34r:

Kevin,

I think, with longer days, with snacks/b--rs packed along and super socks on, it can be done. Not this Sunday (must watch Australian Open Mens Final 12:30 AM)...but some day I'll give it a shot.

So, we can trim the ride down to a manageable size with a late start this time. I'm open...any takers?

Later

Alex.

You want to leave later so you can catch the tennis game? :ph34r:

There is no way to do 2-300 miles with dirt in a day. La to b to v is only 225 a day, with leaving at 6am and finishing at 6pm. And this is a charted ride with gas stop. Your Super socks will not help you as you are covering too much distance. I am just triying to help you out. Even 3-500 miles on a street ride is aggessive on a dual sport bike!!