Guest KTMrad

Street Riding

Guest KTMrad

748 Ducati up for sale recently, almost sold it, then decided I just can't get rid of it. The expensive service was only twice in 8 years, so I can handle that. The bike it just too gorgeous and sounds too good !! After I sell my GS500 racebikeCheff, congrats on your new toy !!

post-633-1172522677_thumb.jpgpost-633-1172522616_thumb.jpgpost-633-1172522568_thumb.jpg

I put my 748 Ducati up for sale recently, almost sold it, then decided I just can't get rid of it. The expensive service was only twice in 8 years, so I can handle that. The bike it just too gorgeous and sounds too good !! After I sell my GS500 racebike, I'll be down to 3 bikes....the Duc 748, the Duc 900 Elefant Adventure bike, and the KTM 640 Dualsport.

Cheff, congrats on your new toy !!

i regret selling every motorcycle ive ever sold. cash is only fun once. motorcycles keep on giving. its much more fulfilling to put lots of miles on it and send it to the junkyard when through. my brother in law has a 900 monster ducati with over 100,000 miles. with love a motorcycle can be eternal. if i hadnt sold the v65 magna, and the cr500 then my garage wouldnt need the horsepower infusion it now needs.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Thats how I feel about my CR500 2 stroke. Its at Mad Raceing getting new suspension and I miss it alot but its gonna be sick when I get it back . Craig

post-465-1172028781_thumb.jpg

post-465-1172028819_thumb.jpg

post-465-1172028858_thumb.jpg

In the immortal words of many who have gone before...

"This thread is worthless without pics!" :D

Randy, how about a pose with the Duc? I know you've got to have one!! :D

This post is from 2004. I sold the Duc 748 in 2005.

I no longer have a pure street bike....they're all Dualsport / Adventure Bikes.

Yes, sometimes I miss a sportbike.....but not much.

SDland, I don't have any photos to post right now.....that was pre-digital camera days for me. I have tons of great trip photos from road trips all over the US, maybe I'll have to have them scanned and post some.

The bike I do miss is a 1989 FJ1200 I bought new, and put 107,000 miles on her before parting it out. Bought another FJ after, but sold it when I bought my Ducati 900 Elefant.

I still have the GS500 Roadracer....need to get it running and sell it for about $1500.....or, maybe I'll just keep it and take it to the track once in awhile. I miss roadracing also !!

This post is from 2004.

Ooops. Revived thread! I forget that some of the older posts were restored... Hardly even look at the dates on this site because most posts are recent.

Would still be nice to see when you get the chance. Sometime after DD07!!

Duc 900 Elefant Adventure bike

I rode one they had for sale at GP a long time ago, been wanting one ever since. They're hard to find.

This post is from 2004.

Ooops. Revived thread! I forget that some of the older posts were restored... Hardly even look at the dates on this site because most posts are recent.

Would still be nice to see when you get the chance. Sometime after DD07!!

SDland, always good to revive old threads.

Here ya go......my baby, that I no longer have.....Man, she used to tear up the twisties

Still think this style Ducati was one of the prettiest bikes ever

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

post-633-1172522677_thumb.jpgpost-633-1172522616_thumb.jpgpost-633-1172522568_thumb.jpg

I put my 748 Ducati up for sale recently, almost sold it, then decided I just can't get rid of it. The expensive service was only twice in 8 years, so I can handle that. The bike it just too gorgeous and sounds too good !! After I sell my GS500 racebike, I'll be down to 3 bikes....the Duc 748, the Duc 900 Elefant Adventure bike, and the KTM 640 Dualsport.

Cheff, congrats on your new toy !!

i regret selling every motorcycle ive ever sold. cash is only fun once. motorcycles keep on giving. its much more fulfilling to put lots of miles on it and send it to the junkyard when through.

So true. I had a 1978 Suzuki GS550E I bought new. Put 33,000 miles on it and sold it in 2000 when I bought my Honda Shadow Sabre. I deeply regret selling it now. That is why I now cannot part with any of the little dirt bikes or sport bike in my garage. Worry over regrets.

The Sabre has 126,000 miles on it now. People ask when I am getting a new bike. I say when I wear it out.

Doc