I've put 250 miles on my new 525, it's easily the best stock bike I've ever ridden. SO so on the pavement but a blast in the dirt. The motor is fine but the suspension is where this bike really shines. Everybody should have one of these!

Congratulations on your new bike! I used to have a 2002 300 EXC which was the most fun bike I have ever owned! :) I sold it to get my 06 Husqvarna TE450. This was the first pure enduro bike that came out from the dealership alreay plated for 06.. Now KTM is following along doing the same thing for the 07 models.. My Husky is a lot of fun, but it is really geared for enduro competition with a very closed six speed tranny.. I've heard very good comments about the EXC 525, one of them being that it is more balanced making it more comfortable on the road... I'm curious about the ergonomics? How comfortable is the seat etc... Most of these bikes are geared for the dirt and are very uncomfortable for the road part... Since I want to keep my fun husky for lots of fun in the dirt, I may be looking for a bigger second bike like the Adventure 990 (I don't think they have it available yet)... I'm also looking into the brand new BMW G650X which has the old reliable rotax motor, with a brand new chasis (including air suspension) and the weight more comperable to the other dual purpose bikes like the Honda 650 etc..

Guest crmyers

I've put 250 miles on my new 525, it's easily the best stock bike I've ever ridden. SO so on the pavement but a blast in the dirt. The motor is fine but the suspension is where this bike really shines. Everybody should have one of these!

Racer bill , hey I had to reregister , I used to be on here with an xr600 , sold it , if I can only afford one bike to do desert and local, tecate etc. , what do you think 525 or drz 400? I am 210 and 6'4", it has to be plated too, also what about different years is new the way to go? Thanks.

Racer bill , hey I had to reregister , I used to be on here with an xr600 , sold it , if I can only afford one bike to do desert and local, tecate etc. , what do you think 525 or drz 400? I am 210 and 6'4", it has to be plated too, also what about different years is new the way to go? Thanks.
I have a street legal crf 450 R and have just bought a ktm 525 exc street legal.Throw away pipe,

and have carburater reworked and it flies.It also is a very tall bike and expensive but worth it.Suspension

is too soft if you weigh over 180.DRZ is a great mild mannered bike while the ktm is for the serious rider.