Santa Fe Dreamin

Apparently, I’ve taken the plunge!

Apparently, I’ve taken the plunge!

Just placed a deposit on an ’07 XR650R

1. pickup 1st or 2nd week of Jan

2. Baja Dual Sport Kit install the following week

3. a quick trip to NM for plating

4. ride the piss out of this thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After searching this forum for gear info, the only area not really covered is the most expensive – the boots.

I’ve been looking at several and am curious about your “experience” with the following:

Fox Forma Pro Boots

Sidi Flexforce Boots

Alpinestars Tech 6/8 Boots

They all have good right ups and none are cheap. But, the more I read the more I understand that boots and chest/back protection is worth every dollar (and more) you spend.

Since I’m interested in longer rides – days not hours - my concerns revolve around break-in time, protection first but also ease of walking and total comfort.

What’ca have ta say ‘bout dis? :D:lol::P:):D;)B):D:unsure:

NIIIIIICCCE

Congrats on the bike. You will love it.

My personal opinion on boots are the A-stars. I am wearing the Tech 6 now. I like the feel and protection of this model. They broke in fast and I can walk around with ease. I had Tech 8's and they are great as well but for my size 13 feet and width the Tech 6 feels the best.

Try some boots on at the shops and buy online stores or e-bay. I got my last pair for $125.

NIIIIIICCCE

Congrats on the bike. You will love it.

My personal opinion on boots are the A-stars. I am wearing the Tech 6 now. I like the feel and protection of this model. They broke in fast and I can walk around with ease. I had Tech 8's and they are great as well but for my size 13 feet and width the Tech 6 feels the best.

Try some boots on at the shops and buy online stores or e-bay. I got my last pair for $125.

Thanks.

"...size 13.."

Holly s*&^! Can you walk on water!??!?!?!?!??!! :D:D:unsure::lol:;)B):):D:P;)B):):D:D:P:lol::lol:

Alpinestars are some of the best, in my opinion.

Sidi's are good too. The stiffer the boot, the more protection. I have ridden on long trips with my Alpinestar Tech 6's.

I bought a pair of Sidi Discovery for really long Adventure Rides.

This is getting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too complicated! I think I'm gettin' a headache.

Alpinestars are some of the best, in my opinion.

Sidi's are good too. The stiffer the boot, the more protection. I have ridden on long trips with my Alpinestar Tech 6's.

I bought a pair of Sidi Discovery for really long Adventure Rides.

I understand that "...the stiffer the more protection." On my street bike I'm use to wearing a comfortable boot - I'm spoiled.

As much as I realize there is no comparison to pure street riding conditions, I'm looking for something comfortable for longer rides. Something that won't take a year of weekend rides to breakin.

Some time too many choices are too much!

Well, I finnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaly did it! Although, not exactly how I had planed it or the one I originally wanted. Oh well, at least I did it.

It's an "2004 Honda XR650 Excellent condition and desert ready. Clark tank, radiator guards, acerbis hand guards, IMS foot pegs, hop-up kit, Honda open end cap, sub mount Scotts stabilizer system with risers, maintenance by Honda only, all smog removed, Pro taper fat bars, Uni filter, all original parts" as the ad read.

I also spent waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much money on all the protective paraphernalia for riding. With all of it on, I look and feel like a manikin on steroids!

Now what I have left is the Baja kit and a trip to NM to get plated.

post-322-1168749172_thumb.jpg

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I wish I could have a plated 650 R riding my L I miss the power of my CR 500. Do you think a 650 R would bridg the gap. I had a pumkin before but always loved the Honda. How do you get it plated in NM. Do you need to own property there or somthing.

I wish I could have a plated 650 R riding my L I miss the power of my CR 500. Do you think a 650 R would bridg the gap. I had a pumkin before but always loved the Honda. How do you get it plated in NM. Do you need to own property there or somthing.

I just bought mine last Saturday. I haven't ridden it yet. I haven't a clue what to expect other than FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!! And lots of it.

Plating is a little risky - there is no guarantee. I maintain an address in NM and therefore can title everything there, legally. We'll see if this works. Otherwise... :)