SDlineman

FREE Trail guide for Utah

I found this little nugget on ATVUtah.com. Apparently, the state of Utah paid for it with OHV registration funds, and gives it away. When I downloaded and opened it, TOPO! opened with it, but there are also jpeg's in it also if you don't have TOPO!

Utah OHV Trail Map 2009

I found this little nugget on ATVUtah.com. Apparently, the state of Utah paid for it with OHV registration funds, and gives it away. When I downloaded and opened it, TOPO! opened with it, but there are also jpeg's in it also if you don't have TOPO!

Utah OHV Trail Map 2009

WOW! I'm a confirmed map geek, and this is great! I downloaded it and burned it onto a CD. I wish California would do this.

Are the TOPO's more highly detailed than the JPEG's? I don't have TOPO!, but if the TOPO maps are better, I'll get it.

Thanks for posting this!

The Topo! maps might have more detail, but it gives you way more info. When you put the cursor over a trail, it gives you mileage, and coordinates, etc. There is also a way to make routes and load them right onto your GPS, but I still haven't figured all that out yet.

I would love to see Cali. do one too, but I'm not holding my breath. They would prolly spend 10x too much on it and still screw it up. I don't know how Utah did it, but if someone figured it out and could do the same thing to other states, I'll bet they would sell really well.

If we don't send in e-mails and letters to oppose the new bill which proposes to close 9.4 million acres in Utah, this trail map won't mean anything !

Please see the post in the Land Use Issue section and please do your part to oppose it !

Thanks