jbw

Where to buy shims

The valves on my DRZ are a bit loose and I think should be adjusted into spec. I would like to set them just loose of the middle of spec...

I thought I could do the shim exchange at Alba Action Sports but apparently they have just closed down. Does anybody know where shims can be purchased locally? preferably near the Santee area.

I guess I will try calling more shops to see if any have a good selection.

Thanks,

Josh

What size do you need? I have a bunch of them and will swap with you.

What size do you need? I have a bunch of them and will swap with you.

Thanks for the offer to exchange...

unfortunately, I will not know the sizing until it is opened up.

Josh

If you want to buy a kit, Hot Cams makes a full range kit that costs around 80-85 bucks. Some local shops will carry them or Rocky Mountain ATV/MC online carries them.

You could rent " Shims " by the hour so ive heard in the Hillcrest area. :lol: Sorry couldnt resist ;)

The valves on my DRZ are a bit loose and I think should be adjusted into spec. I would like to set them just loose of the middle of spec...

I thought I could do the shim exchange at Alba Action Sports but apparently they have just closed down. Does anybody know where shims can be purchased locally? preferably near the Santee area.

I guess I will try calling more shops to see if any have a good selection.

Thanks,

Josh

I bought a huge hot cams kit from Fun Bike center, fits most of my toys, they will know your diameter, surprisingly they had the best price, in stock and free air conditioning. A kit is great and saves time going back and forth to the dealer to buy the shim you should have bought on the previous trip.

Josh, I have a shim kit. You are welcome to bring your bike down to my shop and adjust them here, won't take long if the bike is cold. Ken

Josh, I have a shim kit. You are welcome to bring your bike down to my shop and adjust them here, won't take long if the bike is cold. Ken

I took Ken up on his generous offer and now the valves are all in spec and the bike was ready for all the riding I did this last weekend <_<

Thanks for the help,

Josh