Posted Image

so when are we going?? Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks pretty good Posted Image

whos in ..or what about Death valley?Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:)

A FEW MINUTES AGO I WAS WITH 2 FRIENDS,LOOKING FOR (Midland GXT650VP4 2-way Radio 18 MILES AND 5 WATTS VS MOTOROLA 800R ) AND THE RINO 110 GPS OPTION, WE ARE PLANING A TRIP TO B.O.L.A (BAHIA DE LOS ANGELES) TO VISIT LAS MISIONES AND END IN GUERRERO NEGRO AND MAYBE ISLA DE CEDROS THIS WILL BE HALF BAJA...INTERESTED????

If it can be done on a 3 day weekend, I'm in. Otherwise I'll catch you on the next ride. In the meantime if another Mexico ride can be planned around a 3 day weekend, cound me in for that one.

Jon

If it can be done on a 3 day weekend, I'm in. Otherwise I'll catch you on the next ride. In the meantime if another Mexico ride can be planned around a 3 day weekend, cound me in for that one.

Jon

WE ARE PLANING AS WE SAY, A BASEBALL RUN 2 DAYS WILL BE PERFECT, A GOOD OPTION TO REDUCE TIME BUT ENJOY THE RIDE WILL BE THE FRENCH GRAVE YARD OF 1700 ON THE SANQUINTIN AREA

Guest stevensyanora

Im with you jon a 3 day trip has to be the way to go...

Guest stevensyanora

OK we go on the 27-28-29 january.. after we get chrismas over with .how about that Posted Image

OK we go on the 27-28-29 january.. after we get chrismas over with .how about that Posted Image

Steve, I dont think they allow NEW bikes in Mexico as dirt tends to stick to them!!

Considering the dates, I think I'm IN. But someone needs to tell Chief Gunner that his bling-bling might get scratched! :)

Jim

Oh, almost forgot to mention that if we go BELOW Guerrero Negro, ya should have your passport. Just got back and needed it. On bikes it ain't too bad, but I try not to leave home w/o it.

Jim

Guest stevensyanora

ILL slum it and ride my DR Posted Image

:) kevin: what about the departure date? Im good any time before the 11 of jan or after the 15 of jan ...lets do this :D

Considering the dates, I think I'm IN. But someone needs to tell Chief Gunner that his bling-bling might get scratched! :P

Jim

Oh, almost forgot to mention that if we go BELOW Guerrero Negro, ya should have your passport. Just got back and needed it. On bikes it ain't too bad, but I try not to leave home w/o it.

Jim

sound advice we dont want to deal with these dudes :DPosted Image

Posted Image

HAIL THE CHIEF.....THE LORD OF THE BLING :):D:D

[

..someone needs to tell Chief Gunner that his bling-bling might get scratched! Posted Image

HAIL THE CHIEF.....THE LORD OF THE BLING :):):D

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sooooo true! And you should see his garage floor! SPOTLESS! Almost blasphemy! Muscalero commented that Chief's bike looked like a trophy in a case!

We should all be so clean!

Jim

Steve, I might have to be a wimp. Right now I am scheduled to be out of town on business the weekend of Jan 20th in Vegas and Jan 27th in Dallas. I will let you know for sure soon but Jan looks tuff! I am going to try and cancel the Dallas trip though as I would rather ride than work!!

Oh yeah, the 27, 28, & 29 dates work perfect for me. My girlfriend will be out of town that weekend on a ski trip. Bring on the....

Posted Image

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

Almost forgot,

Posted Image

Guest stevensyanora

o.k if we go at this time (Jan 27-28-29) we wont have anyone rideing that can guide, I recomend we go to the area below San felipe and camp, I have the intel on secure camping "resorts' there cheap about 8 bucks for tents, but they all state that you cant drink the water, this area is warm during the winter months ...so what do we do roll in Jan or wait untill ? remember the desert dash is in Feb Posted Image this is my refrence material

There's plenty of time for research and preperation. I injured my knee on the last ride and likely won't be riding for a few weeks. Gives me time on the weekends to get some info...We can work something out, we're resourceful, (reasonably) intelligent people. Worse comes to worse, we cross the border at Tecate, set the GPS and go explore. :o

It'd be great to have a guide, no it'd be really great to have a guide on a first trip for me (us) into Mexico on motorcycles. GPS is common amongst many of the riders in the group, we could get or Prepare GPS tracks for a trip. If we can't find a guide and have maps and GPS tracks I would be happy with at least someone who speaks good Spanish to join in.

If we have none of the above, maybe we can try a Beach (Imperial) to River (Colorado) ride. If nobody likes these ideas, maybe January will be a slow month and I'll see you all at the Desert Dash.

Jon

Sorry for your knee, i cant ride in cold waether since i did a similar trip, from La rumorosa to Valle the la trinidad, 15 minutes after the La rumorosa entrance to the El acerradero and Parque Nacional to Hanson lagoon we enter to a snow falling area with frozen arroyos and water ( i did not bring duct tape ) so the water enter to my boots all the ride after Laguna Hanson, in a cabin were i see persons i stop by and when i see my feet they was paper white, senseless, i ask for a hot water to heat my feets and nothing hapend

then in cold water and mix it with cold till i feel some live on it, then a big pain all over my legs and as we say

( search for the rigt word, id spanish is CALAMBRES {LIKE BODY SHAKE}) this hapend when our nervs and muscle move to get some heat ( outside was snow falling ) after 10 minutes 1 of my riding partners return and see my condition, he helpme to dry my clothes and boots and when i can walk we head to Ramona (were the other riders was), a camp before rancho el rayo there was raining and we ride to the conjuntion Ensenada-ojos negros, we ride to ensenada and take the valle de la trinidad road to San felipe then to mexicali were i live we start at 7 am

in la rumorosa and end at 10 pm on mexicali

i can find a good guide he speak good english works in calexico Ca and rides since he can buy a bike, now a DRZ rider and know the area , if is rain or snow a gps will not be better than a map last years first snow was in feb,

Guest stevensyanora

well... looks like were back in buisness ,sorry to hear about your knee jon, Your idea on the IB to the river trip ,is a great idea in itself..we need to get everyone together ..soon so we can finalize our plan jan departure isnt that far away :o or we can do the IB2the River trip

Hi, just a question

WHAT KIND OF RIDE ARE INTENDED? I make a proposal before, THE BRADSHAW TRAIL, it goes from PALM SPRING to PALO VERDE APROX 70 MILES in the page of desert usa we can find the information about it

is a NATIONAL BYWAY IC COVERS 3 COUNTY'S - RIVERSIDE/IMPERIAL .... NOT SURE THE OTHER IN ARIZONA

A MINI BAJA IS OPEN EVERY WEEKEND JUST 80 TO 140 MILES , FUN FOR THE KIND OF TERRAINS

AND END IN AN ABANDONED RANCH IN THE DESERT. I DID NOT RIDE IT IN YEARS , AN I WANT TO DOIT AGAIN

IF ANY ONE KNOW HOW POST AN GOOGLE EARTH IMAGE, I CAN SEND HIM THE ROUTE FOR HER CONSIDERATION AND SHARE WITH ALL THE GROUP

IS A 1 DAY TRIP ( IF ALL GOES WELL IS A 6 HOURS RIDE ) WE ARE 6 ON THE INTERESTED PERSONS LIST

Guest stevensyanora

1st choice(s) is a 3 day into Baja...2nd choice a 2 or three day in the states ..were going for a 2 or 3 day trip

OK, MY TRAILER IN BOLA ( BAHIA DE LOS ANGELES) IS READY, WE CAN VISIT A SPANISH MISSION. JUST TELL WHEN . IN ADV WEST FORUM LAST YEAR WAS THE BAJA LITE, I THINK WAS MARBLELESS WHO ORGANIZE THIS TRIP HE IS FROM SAN DIEGO, LET'S SEE IF HE GET INFO OR A NEW TRIP IN MIND, I WILL SEE TONIGHT

TRY TO RIDE ALL THE ROADS AND WASH OF OCOTILLO WELLS SVRA, WILL NEED MORE THAN 2 DAYS!!!!

ADD ANZA,YUHA DESERT,PICACHO PEAK IN AZ.

Guest stevensyanora

cool Bahia de Los angeles....now were talkin :lol:

Salvarez, that sounds like a painful experience. I think the english word you were looking for is frostbite. I got the same on my face, toes, and fingers on a ski trip to New Hampshire.

well... looks like were back in buisness ,sorry to hear about your knee jon, Your idea on the IB to the river trip ,is a great idea in itself..we need to get everyone together ..soon so we can finalize our plan jan departure isnt that far away :lol: or we can do the IB2the River trip

On the ride out to Corral Canyon for volunteer day 1 I went down a STEEP downhill littered with basketball size rocks and a nasty trench on one side. As I proceded down the hill heavy on the brakes gravity pulled me into the trench and down I went. I put my knee straight into one of those basketball sized rocks. It hurt, really bad, and the next day it was swolen up like a canteloupe. As soon as I feel up to it I'm going back and I'll conquer that hill in both directions, up and down.

We do need to get everyone together on this and gather ideas and see who's in. It's time to make a plan, January will be here real soon.

I'm in either way we go, South or East. Either trip will require research to make happen and I think would be best planned as a 3 day trip.

Let's get started.

Guest stevensyanora

Hi, just a question

WHAT KIND OF RIDE ARE INTENDED? I make a proposal before, THE BRADSHAW TRAIL, it goes from PALM SPRING to PALO VERDE APROX 70 MILES in the page of desert usa we can find the information about it

is a NATIONAL BYWAY IC COVERS 3 COUNTY'S - RIVERSIDE/IMPERIAL .... NOT SURE THE OTHER IN ARIZONA

A MINI BAJA IS OPEN EVERY WEEKEND JUST 80 TO 140 MILES , FUN FOR THE KIND OF TERRAINS

AND END IN AN ABANDONED RANCH IN THE DESERT. I DID NOT RIDE IT IN YEARS , AN I WANT TO DOIT AGAIN

IF ANY ONE KNOW HOW POST AN GOOGLE EARTH IMAGE, I CAN SEND HIM THE ROUTE FOR HER CONSIDERATION AND SHARE WITH ALL THE GROUP

IS A 1 DAY TRIP ( IF ALL GOES WELL IS A 6 HOURS RIDE ) WE ARE 6 ON THE INTERESTED PERSONS LIST

I agree ,,now when and where to meet, ? any suggestions

Every place is historic, and for my is why i ride dualsport, i will search this place next saturday or sunday if some of you are iterested, from the Imperial Valley escape to adventure tourist guide:

Historic Military Sites- For military buffs, there are two abandoned World War ll camps in Imperial County.The Patton Desert Camp is commemorated by a plaque at Sidewinder Road.

Another,less Known campsite is found in the Yuha Desert off Dunaway Road. Rock-lined paths,roads,tent and service facility locations are still in place. From this site a landing field of six radiating runways can be viewed in Coyote Valley below the cliffline.

i see the yuha deser guide and the roads are open to street legal vehicles, thr anza route,the yuha w

it will not be a fast ride just an CONTROLED EXPLORATION RIDE reunio

i will scan the map and post in a few minutes