Boston Mangler

Riding Baja From Mikes Sky Ranch!

Guest Numbskull

sounds good but why the sky ranch? :) ,what about the road down from san Felipe, we can camp along the beach,the "locals" wont be a problem with a group of riders, and theres no snow, just a thought

sounds good but why the sky ranch? :) ,what about the road down from san Felipe, we can camp along the beach,the "locals" wont be a problem with a group of riders, and theres no snow, just a thought

I AGREE, THE ROAD TO MIKESKY IS (ROCKY) IN SOME PARTS GOOD FOR A TRIAL BIKE, WITH THE COLD AND THE FIRST SNOW WILL BE ARROYOS WILL BE GOOD IF IS CONTINUED TO THE PACIFIC COAST . IF WE LOVE OPEN ROADS AND GOOD DUAL SPORT OPTIONS I RECOMEND THE RIDE BY THE ( SEE THIS POINTS ON GOOGLE EARTH) FROM TECATE TO LA RUMOROSA, THEN DOWN BY THE OLD ROAD NEXT TO THE TOLL ROAD, THEN TO THE LAGUNA SALADA TO THE CUCAPAH

SEE SIGNALMOUNTAIN, THE GUADALUPE HOTSPRINGS TO THE EL SALDAƑA TO EL CHINERO TO SANFELIPE

THIS AREA WAS USED BY THE LOCAL AND BY SCORE IN THE PASS BAJA AND CODE RACES, WILL BE 20 MILES APROX FROM THE MEXICALI SANFELIPE HWY. WE CAN START TO SEARCH MAPS, A GOOD ROUTE EXAMPLE IS IN THE CODE HOME PAGE ( MCMILLIN500 ) AND THE LAST EVENT

EDIT: THIS IS NOW RIDING BAJA FROM MELING RANCH!!!!!!

Tentative dates:

-Leave EARLY Friday AM on January 13th

-Return Sunday January 15th in the afternoon

Tentative Itenary:

-Meet at the Gas station on the US side of Tecate in the EARLY AM on Friday

-Blast down to Meling ranch and get the rooms friday AM (still checking out which route to take to get there)

-Setup base camp at Meling Ranch

-Depending on time, maybe go for a ride Friday afternoon

-Saturday AM Ride to the Coast (i know a great ride/spot for lunch and such)

-Head to Melling Ranch for Saturday Evening

-Find Dirt Trail Ride To Mikes Sky Ranch

-Ride to Mikes for photos and such

-Check out San Pedro Martir National Park

-Head to Tecate Border and head home!

Info on Meling Ranch. It was recommended to me by some friends as a great "Basecamp" for riding trips!

Meling Ranch: http://www.melingguestranch.com/index.php

It will be COLD so bring your long johns! :lol:

I will have a GPS file setup for this trip, if anyone is interested lemme know!

Notes: There is no AAA in Mexico, you need to know your bike and make sure its reliable enough for a 300-400 trip to a remote area, ie... bring your spares, tools, manual, etc..... Also, there is no 911 service, so doing Johnny Campbell impresonations isnt recommended! :D

Large Capacity fuel tanks will be REQUIRED for this trip as well. Gas is not always easily accessible down there!

P.S. This is probably going to be a HUGE thread with lots of discussion, so lets try to stay ON TOPIC with the planning to alleviate unnecesary crap/chat to sift though! :D

I was considering the Baja trip Is there any space? I Have a Dakar with a range of approx 210 miles.

Will the pace be relly fast.? i I completed most of the desert dash last year. however I have recently [two - years ago]returned to riding after a 25 year break :lol:

thanks

Slowcoach