Sign in to follow this  
husky4me

Why are there drivers that pass on blind corners?

So I'm riding my little kawi yesterday morning from Julian southbound (I think not too far away from the exit to Descanso), and I see this car passing other cars on solid white lines, with absolutely no visibility... So I'm thinking, how that driver can be so stupid, it's not only him, but he will take another poor sole. Then I see him pass once again on a blind curb, when a R1200 GS was coming the other way and almost got hit. Thankfully, the motorcycle was able to maneuver fast to avoid getting hit, but this is just so crazy! I can understand driving (or riding) fast, a little recklessness here and there, but passing other vehicles on curves without any visibility, that's just plain stupid and crazy! I just don't understand those drivers... :crazy: So be careful out there!!!

I can understand driving (or riding) fast, a little recklessness here and there, but passing other vehicles on curves without any visibility, that's just plain stupid and crazy! I just don't understand those drivers... :fool: So be careful out there!!!

Some knucklehead on a sportbike came flying around a couple of trucks/trailers in the narrows of 78 yesterday just SW of Grapevine Canyon......blind corners/minimal visibilty..........luckily I saw him so I slowed down and warned the others over the radio (we were making our way back towards S3 along 78).....I moved to the right of my lane and he was able to tuck back in heading the other way.......it wasn't really THAT big a deal but it was sorta senseless/irritating.....needless to say, I didn't offer him the friendly hand wave as he rolled by ( I also resisted flipping him a not so friendly hand GESTURE :crazy::huh: ) .........what a tool/fool.....he could've just waited for another mile or so to where the road straightens out and it would've been no BFD.....

I can understand driving (or riding) fast, a little recklessness here and there, but passing other vehicles on curves without any visibility, that's just plain stupid and crazy! I just don't understand those drivers... :fool: So be careful out there!!!

Some knucklehead on a sportbike came flying around a couple of trucks/trailers in the narrows of 78 yesterday just SW of Grapevine Canyon......blind corners/minimal visibilty..........luckily I saw him so I slowed down and warned the others over the radio (we were making our way back towards S3 along 78).....I moved to the right of my lane and he was able to tuck back in heading the other way.......it wasn't really THAT big a deal but it was sorta senseless/irritating.....needless to say, I didn't offer him the friendly hand wave as he rolled by ( I also resisted flipping him a not so friendly hand GESTURE :crazy::huh: ) .........what a tool/fool.....he could've just waited for another mile or so to where the road straightens out and it would've been no BFD.....

Yeah, I also see suicide motorcyclists doing the same! The problem is that they not only take their live's, but they also get into your lane at speed, sometimes with minimal control... It is irritating... I guess there are lots of fools out there... As far a the motorcyclists, the problem is that it does give all of us a bad reputation...

Was on a trail yesterday afternoon; one of those trails that is for a mix of street licensed vehicles and green sticker (access road) I was going up a blind left-hand sweeper that went over a hill top. I was on my side of the road (right hand....I'm not British) when a guy on a Yamaha comes blazing over the hill top in a full on slide on my side of the road. I had nowhere to go except up the embankment to escape a head-on collision. Then I lost traction and slipped off the embankment, coming to rest on my side. I looked back down the hill. The rider was stopped and looking back at my. I shook my fist at him and called him "stupid". Then I picked up my bike and brushed myself off. By this time, the guy rode back up the hill and apologized. Another rider might have hit him, or it could have been a truck or a Jeep that he met head-on and things wouldn't have gone nearly as well, especially for him.