Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Newbie practice at McCain Valley this weekend

So last weekend was a bust cuz for some reason I decided it would be more fun to spend my weekend in bed with a fever rather than out doin stuff. I'm well now and ready to keep up the offroad practice. I think I'm gonna head back to McCain Valley sunday morning. I'll be doing very basic stuff, motoring around in the sand learning to step the tail out, riding the dirt roads and maybe some of the basic trails if I get brave. But me doin the basics doesn't mean yall can't come out and ride your own rides, so anyone who'd like to come out is welcome. Maybe I'll be reintroduced to some of the folks I met last time, and maybe I'll meet some more of you :clapping:

me and my family will join to take part in the carnage(the wife is still new as well).

blue dodge and some ktm's in the back.

Sorry, going to Ocotillo Wells with a good buddy and some others I do not know. Wish I could go though.

I wish I could, too. I have to work Sat; on Sunday I have to go to a brunch, a work-related function that is mandatory. I want to try out my new boots and float valve...Work sucks!

Forrest

I'm figuring on arriving there at 9ish. Forrest, you could come out and take the dirt roads and arrive late for the brunch :unsure:

So last weekend was a bust cuz for some reason I decided it would be more fun to spend my weekend in bed with a fever rather than out doin stuff. I'm well now and ready to keep up the offroad practice. I think I'm gonna head back to McCain Valley sunday morning. I'll be doing very basic stuff, motoring around in the sand learning to step the tail out, riding the dirt roads and maybe some of the basic trails if I get brave. But me doin the basics doesn't mean yall can't come out and ride your own rides, so anyone who'd like to come out is welcome. Maybe I'll be reintroduced to some of the folks I met last time, and maybe I'll meet some more of you :ph34r:

Did u put the knobbies on? Or get new ones? You'll see a huge difference in the sand, and it will be felt on hard pack too... Somebody take Andy to Sacatone Overlook tomorrow; I flaked last time and forget

I'm off to a late start, getting packed and ready now. I need a refresher as to how to get there - I remember the freeway exit is Boulevard/94, but I don't remember the dirt road that Bikeslut took when we were there last. Can someone shoot me a PM with directions?

I'm off to a late start, getting packed and ready now. I need a refresher as to how to get there - I remember the freeway exit is Boulevard/94, but I don't remember the dirt road that Bikeslut took when we were there last. Can someone shoot me a PM with directions?

Get off the freeway turn right. At 4 way stop turn left. A few miles down old 80. turn left on Mc Cain Valley Rd. After a few miles it will turn into dirt. Continue till you get to the OHV area, there will be signs.

^thanks =)

Another great day. 9ish turned into 11ish becuz I got up an hour late and had to backtrack a while when I forgot pants (not good for a faller to ride in shorts), but I got there. I met DirtDame, but we were on separate rides so there are no pictures of my crashing. I got in a good one, though, once again the body armor saved me as I was on the bike getting thrown around on a set of whoops one second and tumbling through the sand the next. A couple more missing plastic pieces and I tweeked the forks so the bars are a few degrees left while going straight. I'll have to address that. Learned a lot, ate it a couple times and it was an overall very pleasant day.