mjlang

RACERS AND RANCHERS ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FUN RIDE / DRIVE

Saturday to Sunday April 4th & 5th, 2009

Racers and Ranchers will be conducting a membership fun ride and drive on Saturday and Sunday, April 4-5, in northern Baja. We will be riding from Rancho Santa Veronica, outside Tecate, to the famous Horsepower Ranch outside Ensenada. There will not be a specific work project associated with this ride, but we intend on stopping in at the Ejido Sierra Juarez (Sawmill) and a couple of other ranches to extend some goodwill and friendly greetings.

At Horsepower Ranch, we will have a surprise guest speaker as well as a raffle for some awesome prizes. Racers and Ranchers is indebted to Baja off road racer Todd Clement for allowing us to use the private ranch. At our last visit in 2008, we had an incredible dinner with some great raffle prizes, and enjoyed the unique off road Hall of Fame in the ranch's cantina.

The cost of the ride will be a 2009 Racers and Ranchers membership or renewal of $50, plus $100 donation for Saturday's accommodations and meals at Horsepower Ranch. You are on your own for gas (available at Sawmill, Independencia, and Ojos Negros, all are area's along the route we will be taking) and lunch each day. We will ask Chuey Ramona and his wife to have ample burritos and tacos available at Sawmill each day for purchase. As usual, Dona Ramona will have drinks available as well.

This is open to bikes, quads, UTV's, buggies, Trophy Trucks, pick-up trucks, and any vehicle ready to traverse Baja. Please make sure your ride is completely ready, as "sweep" vehicles are not planned. Groups will be formed by vehicle and ability. Fuel range should be a minimum of 60 miles.

This event is intended to foster Racers and Ranchers membership, promote our mission in Baja, and allow the Baja off road community to make new friends and instill camaraderie. Please join us for this fun weekend! Visit http://www.racersandranchers.com/ and browse our website to see what we do, what we've done in the past, and how your membership will keep our riding privileges in Baja alive!

HOW TO SIGN UP:

Not a Racers and Ranchers Member:

Go to: https://racersandranchers.com/membership/signup.php

1. Submit Payment for:

Annual Membership $50

Donation: $100

2. Complete secure check-out.

Renewing Members:

Go to: http://racersandranchers.com/membership/login.php

1. Login (lost password: enter email in lost password field)

2. Renew Annual Membership $50

3. Donation: $100

4. Complete secure check-out.

Already a Current Member:

1. Login to: http://racersandranchers.com/membership/login.php

2. Donation: $100

3. Complete secure check-out.

Any questions please PM Rudy or Lance at:

Lance@racersandranchers.com or Rudy@racersandranchers.com

Phone: 310 920-8550 Phone: 619 405-2574

For accommodations on Friday night: Hacienda Santa Veronica, Call Joan Ellis (619) 423-3830.

WE ARE SEEKING RAFFLE PRIZES- CONTACT LANCE OR RUDY IF YOU ARE ABLE TO CONTRIBUTE.

Thanks for posting this Morgan.......I've had the pleasure of enjoying some fun rides out of Rancho Santa Veronica and it's nice to see a bit of "give back" on both sides.......I'll be out of town that weekend so I won't be participating, but anything that can be done to foster a better relationship between ranchers and riders is a worthwhile endeavor.....

anyone doing this ride?

Great post mj'

My business partner did this ride last year and will again this year.

I may be in.. "MAY be"...

I'm leading one of the groups. If there is an adventure class, I'll Lead/Sweep with a bud who has a Super Enduro. This will be a high mileage ride. If this doesn't happen, I'll twist everyone through all the single track I know. I had a BLAST last year, even though my Husaberg ---- the bed on me.

I would love to go but I am already going the weekend after this. I would encourage everyone to DO this. You cannot beat the price!!!!

Christi20, you're absolutely right, you can't beat the price. The Saturday night stay is at HorsePower Ranch and this is not normally open to the public and is a really great place. This alone is worth the effort.

mjlang, will there be a chance to ride the beach along a coastline like in the documentary Dust to Glory? I doubt this is possible anywhere in the U.S. and would love to do it.

EVERYONE, today it the last day to sign up for the R & R ride. They have to make/pay for reservations tomorrow. Please hop on the link above and sign up. This is a great ride and awesome group of folk, c'mon along!

I'll be leading a group, so the trails I'll be using will be a bag of fun.

Morgan