Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Have Gear, Will Travel

Ok, I've finally got the gear I need to not destroy myself while I learn. I now need a willing leader to show me the basics. Anyone who might like to ride tomorrow (sunday) and who doesn't mind leading a total novice (zero off road experience) on his first trip, speak up. Probably not the best promotional slogan, I know, but I gotta start somewhere :unsure:

Ok, I've finally got the gear I need to not destroy myself while I learn. I now need a willing leader to show me the basics. Anyone who might like to ride tomorrow (sunday) and who doesn't mind leading a total novice (zero off road experience) on his first trip, speak up. Probably not the best promotional slogan, I know, but I gotta start somewhere :blink:

We do have a MSF Dirt Bike School and cover all the basics. :unsure:

So can I. Im split between 2 rides. Im flexible.

Zero off road experience???

How about Boulder Creek Road to Julian. or Black Canyon North of Ramona == "Dirt road Kindergarten"

Headed to Mc Cains to do some trials, and trails. Anyone is welcome

Hope you can join

BC

I'm looking into that dirt MSF school, sounds like I can learn a lot from it. In the mean time, thanks for the PM's, I look forward to meeting those of you that I meet :unsure:

I am going to try to meet andy at PV at 3... I figure Bear Valley Road is pretty safe, and then we'll run over by the rock house and do a little berm bustin'...

If it's all good at that point, we'll consider some, or all, of kernan

this is interesting...

I'm about 51% for this. I have some web/php work to do with our business website. If my boss/wife signs off on the task at hand, I'm in. I could use some throttle time today. Doing wheelies up and down the street isn't cutting it.

I'll be at PV early if I go, leave without me if you don't see me.

E

Good news is, oil change is done. Took me a lot of swearing and learning becuz I'm not used to the 2-stage, dry-sump oil change process, but i got it done. Bad news is, the Maier bar guards are proving to be much more work than I anticipated. I don't think I'll be ready to hit the road today, guys. I could use some help in bending the bar guards to a perfect fit, though, if anyone is near SDSU :unsure:

Well; we waited a bit, but no Andy... I tried to post from the Pine Valley cul-de-sac, but it didn't work...

Erick, Jed and I did all the old favorites... which are VERY different on deathwings... on the way back, Jed showed us a pole line road, so as I follow him, and am riding right in to the sun, I crest the hill, and the road does a 90 degree turn... I did an 88 degree turn, and picked up a plant sample.

Thanks for the ride guys... good luck on your bike Andy

post-122-1236569515_thumb.jpg

Yeah that was a good ride. The "Greasewood" or "Chamise" in the bike was a funny sight! Thanks for taking that road back guys. That was a nice "time change" ride. Eric and "slut" have skills. The Berm section was fun. How about that kid on the small pit bike under the tree way out there. That was a funny sight, should have taken a picture. Or how about the Mexican Madness Party in the cul de sac with the Tecate, bbq, carne asada, and quads with helmetless donuts!? It was one of those rad days for me. That was my second Corral Canyon ride of the day. In the late morning I looked for Dug on the trail, I believe we passed each other on the fire road. After that I went home for lunch then I rode to PV for this 3pm ride. Guys thanks for the pain killer and the chain tool.

Jed

Erick, Jed and I did all the old favorites... which are VERY different on deathwings... on the way back, Jed showed us a pole line road, so as I follow him, and am riding right in to the sun, I crest the hill, and the road does a 90 degree turn... I did an 88 degree turn, and picked up a plant sample.

Oh come on Deathwings are perfect for that ride....Just ask roller...errr...I ment just ask Walker. :blink:

Yeah- I thought about non-walker more than once... trail 4 with the muddy water crossings; BLOWING down the fire roads; while gardening;

Gary- sign on once in a while and say Hi

Gardening :blink: > Thats good a good one. That took me a moment.

Or how about the Mexican Madness Party in the cul de sac with the Tecate, bbq, carne asada, and quads with helmetless donuts!?

That's funny! I was sure we'd witness some carnage with those wild and crazy quadtards. Where are the rangers when you need one? Any law enforcement would have had a field day on that crew.

Not sure of the trail name, but on the way down to CC, there were 2 tractors sanitizing the trail. Hopefully they keep it to the steep downhill section and don't take the party further down the hill.

Good ride, nice way to finish off the weekend.

Catch you next time Andy, hopefully you figured the bark busters out.

Jed, nice riding with you, way to hammer on that XT.

Bikeslut, Nice work on those minimal traction tires. You had it made, we were all over cc, no issues, then, that stupid pv fireroad. Hopefully you're not feeling any lasting effects of the washout.

erick; that was Kernan... The trail has always been quad legal, but they are making it quad friendly... Last thing I want to see coming up that section is a quad, with riders eyes as big as dinner plates, and all locked up, sliding right in to me... We can always hope they don't put a sign at the cairn, so most people won't find the trail

erick; that was Kernan... The trail has always been quad legal, but they are making it quad friendly... Last thing I want to see coming up that section is a quad, with riders eyes as big as dinner plates, and all locked up, sliding right in to me... We can always hope they don't put a sign at the cairn, so most people won't find the trail

We ran into those guys yesterday. I can understand putting in the water bars to stop erosion, but they were dragging the trail yesterday - smoothing it out and removing the rocks... :blink: The rocks are what makes that part of Kernan fun! I'm pretty sure the first time I did Kernan a few years back, it was no-quads. Now, with the work they've done up top, you could get a side-by-side down it. Next up - Jeeps... In my opinion, it's ok to leave some of the trails difficult to challenge riders who want the challenge...

that section has never been well signed... I think it has allowed quads, but from pv they couldn't find it and from cc they couldn't ride it... So it was mainly tard free... Well except for me