Sign in to follow this  
Spaugh

Stimulus Ride

I'm going out to superstition this saturday and practicing for the race out there the following weekend if anyone wants to join me. Its supposed to be 70 degrees out so it should be beautiful weather. I'm gonna try and get in 75-100 miles. Will probably hit some of the surrounding areas near the lake bed and the dip. So far I'm riding solo. Let me know if you are interested and we can come up with a meeting place.

619-990-0843

borrowed this map from crawdaddy:

I'm wanting to explore some of the trails west of sand dam...

SuperstitionMap.jpg

Hey Sonny whats up? I'm thinking get out there around 9-9:30 and riding by 10.

Brad,

You planning on running race, or near race, pace for the ride? Mickey and I may be looking for some riding partners for the day but we're not sure we want to be blasting non-stop all day long...

Don't worry about the pace. We can take it easy. I wanna check out some of the slower technical stuff too.

If you and your son want to come, let me know where you want to park. We can just meet you somewhere like the trestle if you wanted to park near the blue inn. I will have my truck at superstition with gas and drinks for you guys so you don't have to drive all the way out there. Let me know.

Don't worry about the pace. We can take it easy. I wanna check out some of the slower technical stuff too.

If you and your son want to come, let me know where you want to park. We can just meet you somewhere like the trestle if you wanted to park near the blue inn. I will have my truck at superstition with gas and drinks for you guys so you don't have to drive all the way out there. Let me know.

Sounds good. I don't mind a fast ride, but I also like to check stuff out and not just blast all day. I was thinking about just staging out of Plaster City since it's 1/2 hour less drive than going all the way to Superstition, but if everyone else is driving out, we can rally at the same parking location to have drinks, food, and gas close by...

hello brad, only been to superstition once, i will try to make it Saturaday, i will have to see how my week pans out. btw can you google map me a link of where we meeting. thx

late

sonny

hey doug, I just talked to Alex, we are gonna park where we usually do, on the right side of wheeler where it gets close to the mountain and starts to turn right.

Just want to offer again to try and save you some driving. If you park at blue inn, you can ride to where we are at or meet us at the trestle and I will have gas and refreshments for you at superstition. It will probably save you an hour or so of driving, and I don't mind giving you some gas and drinks.

Here are cords, hopefully these are usable???

32.930516,-115.799074

Sonny, if you are going to show up, call me before saturday and I can give you directions.

hey doug, I just talked to Alex, we are gonna park where we usually do, on the right side of wheeler where it gets close to the mountain and starts to turn right.

Just want to offer again to try and save you some driving. If you park at blue inn, you can ride to where we are at or meet us at the trestle and I will have gas and refreshments for you at superstition. It will probably save you an hour or so of driving, and I don't mind giving you some gas and drinks.

Here are cords, hopefully these are usable???

32.930516,-115.799074

Sonny, if you are going to show up, call me before saturday and I can give you directions.

Those coordinates make sense: GOOGLE MAPS LINK. That looks like about a mile after the hard right/sign on wheeler if I remember correctly (I've only been out there a couple times).

Both Plaster City and the Blu Inn are about the same driving time for me. Superstition is an extra 1/2 hour or so. We'll see how we feel as to whether we stage at PC or with you guys. It'd be nice to have the truck close if you plan on riding pretty much exclusively at Superstition.

I think we'll just truck all the way out there and meet you guys in the staging area. Makes it easier for water, lunch, etc...

Are you still looking at 9-9:30, riding by 10?

I think we'll just truck all the way out there and meet you guys in the staging area. Makes it easier for water, lunch, etc...

Are you still looking at 9-9:30, riding by 10?

yep by 9:30 I'll be there.