Sign in to follow this  
Joliet

Need an old 18" street tire

One of these days I am going to install my Power Commander and take my bike to get dyno-tuned. I will need a street tire for this. I don't care if it has any tread on it or not, it is just for the dyno run. So if you could look through that pile of used tires you have and see if you have an 18", I would appreciate it. If you could bring it to the dash, that would be even better. I think even an old worn out dual sport tire would work, but the less knobbiesh the better. Of course if I can help it, I am not going to spoon off the Teraflex until it is worn out, so I don't want a tire that you need back in a couple of weeks.

Any suggestions on where to take it for the Dyno-tune?

:ph34r: Thanks, Ken

Bobs garage in San Marcos. Dynod all my harleys. See Bob Moreland. Owns countless land speed records on the salt flats with a hyabusa and cars. And yes I have countless 18" tires

One of these days I am going to install my Power Commander and take my bike to get dyno-tuned. I will need a street tire for this. I don't care if it has any tread on it or not, it is just for the dyno run. So if you could look through that pile of used tires you have and see if you have an 18", I would appreciate it. If you could bring it to the dash, that would be even better. I think even an old worn out dual sport tire would work, but the less knobbiesh the better. Of course if I can help it, I am not going to spoon off the Teraflex until it is worn out, so I don't want a tire that you need back in a couple of weeks.

ken i have my stock death wing if that will work.

ken i have my stock death wing if that will work.

I am heading over to Schwinns this afternoon to drop off my bike so he can haul it out to the dash for me. I will see what he has. Thanks for the offer, I will be in touch if he does not have one that works. :blink: Ken

Bobs garage in San Marcos. Dynod all my harleys. See Bob Moreland. Owns countless land speed records on the salt flats with a hyabusa and cars. And yes I have countless 18" tires

I will talk to you about it in a while. I didn't see him on Dyno-Jet's list of tuners.

Ken, if you can stop by our shop tomorrow. D&D Cycle 747 N. Twin Oaks Valley Rd Suite 12 We will have a big twin on the Dyno that we did a full big bore job on. I work between 9:00 to 1:45 We stock Amsoil and I order most from Parts Unlimited for offroad stuff and we have just about every other books to order from for the Harleys. I give good % off on all accessory's, tires and gear. Kelly

Ken, if you can stop by our shop tomorrow. D&D Cycle 747 N. Twin Oaks Valley Rd Suite 12 We will have a big twin on the Dyno that we did a full big bore job on. I work between 9:00 to 1:45 We stock Amsoil and I order most from Parts Unlimited for offroad stuff and we have just about every other books to order from for the Harleys. I give good % off on all accessory's, tires and gear. Kelly

Kelly, I would like to stop by your shop sometime, but tomorrow is going to be a hectic day for me. I have been buying amsoil by the case, so maybe next time I need some I will give you a call. Can you guys program the power commander's? :rolleyes: Ken

Here are some photos on the Dyno.

DSCN4713.jpg

this is the big twin torn down. We had to work off the Dyno cause the other lifts were full.

DSCN4767.jpg

about two weeks after back together with new heads, bored cylinders, gear driving cams, hi output oil pump and more

DSCN4773.jpg

first Dyno run to set up for break in up to 3500 rpm. The bike now has 500 break in miles and now tomorrow we will change the oil and run and set the fuel air mix through the complete RPM range at different throttle positions. Then the finale run is what they call the money run to see the max performance to compare to the baseline run we did before the bike had the new parts. Thats me on the bike.

DSCN4667.jpg

This is the shop owners Dave on the bike and Duane setting the maps on the computer. I fill lucky they brought me in after I got the axe from the North County Times after 26 years. My pay is low but what I'm learning is price less. Kelly