KTMrad

Fair Weather Boy

.......aren't you supposed to be out riding/scouting today?....don't be a fair weather cabin boy with your Sierra Nevada......get out there and ride! (so the rest of us can live vicariously through you while we're stuck at work :angry: )

It's pretty crappy out here right now........cold, wet, windy........snow level is just a few hundred feet up the mountain behind Butterfield and even on the mountains on the east side.......that's pretty damn low.

I've got other logistics/paperwork/rollcharts to work on here in the cottage.

And yes, I hope to at least get out for a couple of hours when there's a break in the weather, just so I can rub it in for all of you at work <_<:o

I'm staying out here tomorrow also, it's supposed to clear up. It's kinda difficult to pull out a paper pad and write down rollchart mileages when it's raining. At least the Dez is getting some rain. We just need one more storm like this a couple days before the Dash and the terrain will be bitchin' !!

Yeah, a day riding in the desert in the cold rain would beat the day I had, hands down.

Well, I got to Borrego Springs in the afternoon, was still windy as hell out there, cold & wet. I grabbed some lunch, then went to meet the new Supervising Ranger at Anza Borrego Park Headquarters, and PJ the nice woman who I've been dealing with about the Desert Dash permits. Always good to meet people in person when dealing with them by phone, fax and e-mails.

Then stopped in at Borrego Springs Fire Dept. and met a bunch of the guys who will be volunteering their time to BBQ Lunch for us on the Sunday of the Desert Dash. One of the guys already had a list ready for me so I gave him the go ahead to purchase the stuff, as soon as I have an estimated number of riders for him. Please see my post in the Upcoming Organized Rides Section about the Updated on Trail Lunches.

By the time I was done, I still wanted to hop on the bike and go for a quick ride, but it was getting late, so instead I drove up Montezuma Grade into a little snow storm......cool !

Woke up to light snow on the ground here at Butterfield......nice !!

Time to motivate and get out riding.