Sign in to follow this  
Greenhorn

Cycle World May 1969

Here's some bit's of this and that from Cycle World May 1969. How much do you understand or remember, some of it vaugely ring a bell, or is it WTF B)

Posted Image

Premier Motors was the importer for MotoGuzzi, hot model was V-7 with electric start and shaft drive.

Hodaka "100" Five Speed cost $425, Pabatco was the importer, they were sole importer through out Hodaka history.

Roger DeCoster and Joel Robert both were riding CZ\Jawa.

Kawasaki Mach III had landed, 500cc of 2 stroke straight line speed. 125 in the quarter mile at < 12 seconds all for $999.00

"Own A Tiger On Wheels" 69 Ducati 350 SSS. Imported by Berliner.

"TRAIL POWER" Met the newest, hottest trail cycle in the business. Bridgestone 100TMX. Imported by Rockford Motors.

Buco made cycle bags, luggage racks, mirros and sports shields.

"Saddleback Park" was Orange County's Motor Playground with 2 MX tracks, 1\3 mile TT track, miles and miles of pre-laid meandering trails or the hardest hill climb in the west. Plenty of parking and refreshment are sold on weekends.

"You've got to try Running SACHS" Imported by Hercules Distributing.

Benelli "Makes the scene with Mini-bikes and Supercycles." Imported by Cosmopolitan Motors.

Suzuki T-500 II Titan 2 stroke. 47hp at 7000rpm. 1\4 mile in 13.2 at 115.

(Tested) Husqvarna 400 Cross and Sportsman 360 Enduro - $1249 and $1089

(Tested) Royal Enfield Stage II Interceptor - $1495

Honda 750 Four (4 page color ad) 68hp at 8,500rpm. 445 lbs. 1\4 mile in 12.6 seconds at 125mph.

(Impression) Honda SL 90

Astrodome Nationals (Short Track) Riders included Gary Nixon, Cal Rayborn, Bart Markel and Mert Lawwill. Mark Brelsford raced and was 18. Markel, Lawwill and Brelsford raced H-D 250cc Sprints.

Eagle Motorcycles had a 2 page ad with 5 models. 405cc Talon, 250cc Geronimo, 350cc Marauder, 350cc Savage, 175cc Wrangler. McCormack International was the importer.

"Discover Some Place Far Away" Yamaha promoting their 350 Grand Prix R-3 350cc 2-Stroke.

The 6th Annual International Cycle World Show (Los Angeles Sports Arena April 24 -27th 1969.)

"The Harley-Davidson Out-Performs" The new "Rapido 125cc explodes into 1969"

Live it Rupp... join the Rupp Riders.

Humor Section was about Enduro riding "In A Single Horrendous Day With Masochistic Freeks, Ding-A-Lings, Leeches, Stinking Weather and Other Adversity, It Mat Be Demonstrated Unequivocally That Enduro Riding Is A Bummer."

Barum Tires were being imported by Edison Dye (some consider the father of Motocross in the US).

Edison Dye Imports

4790 Palm Avenue

La Mesa, Ca 92041

714-460-8751

In 1969 I was enjoying my first motorcycle, Honda 90. It was my first motorcross/roadracer depending on which sprocket I had on at the time. I think the front end had close to 3" of travel, but that didn't slow me down. I was buying my gas for 24.9 cents per gallon. And off roading it I could go about 75 miles on our ranch in Montana. Ahh, the good old days. Ken

Guest stevensyanora

the huskys we the @#$% back then my brother in law had one.....thanks for the pics :ph34r: