Brett

"No Wimps" ride fast approaching ...

I'm putting this out as a reminder:

http://malcolmsmithrides.com/no_wimps.php

Nov 1 is the deadline for the $5 discount AND the T Shirt. Nov 12 is the ride. It starts at Glen Helen as usual, and there's often an opportunity to meet Malcolm.

Although few of you would be interested, there will be an optional "Adventure" loop for big bikes, like there was last year. That route was designed by Scott Harden.

I took the KTM 950 Adventure on the tough "No Wimps" route last year and it was a mistake. By lunch (lucky I made it that far) I was toast! For most of you with small bikes, I would do the tough route.

Not at all sure I can make it this year as I'm a bit injured from the LER last week. If I end up going, I may take the 525 this time, unless all my 950 friends are doing the Adventure Loop. We'll see ...

Brett

Now that's something I can sink my teeth into . . . I think I'm in for this one!

I wonder if the on-going fire will have an effect on this ride. The fire is in that area!

Kevin, you're not thinking of going, are ya ?? It says No Wimps !! :P

I have heard that the fires are not going to effect the ride-It is on!

Randy, not going to be able to make this ride, but I might be able to help you install some new pedals and handlebar streamers on your KTM 950. Did you get it fixed yet slacker!!!!!!!!!!

Randy, not going to be able to make this ride, but I might be able to help you install some new pedals and handlebar streamers on your KTM 950. Did you get it fixed yet slacker!!!!!!!!!!

Of course he didn't! He's living up to his reputation & the title Alfred bestowed upon us at the LER:

"San Diego Slackers" :) He apparently felt we were late for everything ...

Also, Randy said he's not going to run the handlebar streamers anymore. They're too long & keep getting caught in the pedals.

Brett

Of course he didn't! He's living up to his reputation & the title Alfred bestowed upon us at the LER:

"San Diego Slackers" :) He apparently felt we were late for everything ...

Also, Randy said he's not going to run the handlebar streamers anymore. They're too long & keep getting caught in the pedals.

Brett

On last year's LER, we were always that last ones off the trail, so the legacy continues. It it true that the e handlebar streames got caught in the front fork seals on Randys bike, thus causing them to fail?

It it true that the e handlebar streamers got caught in the front fork seals on Randys bike, thus causing them to fail?

Yes, it's true. We kept telling Rad to get it out of 2nd gear so the streamers would blow back and not get caught in the fork seals. But every time he'd hit 3rd they would get caught in the pedals, and that scared him a lot!

Much to his chagrin, he's going to give up the streamers all together. Now we need work on the pedals, but one thing at a time. He's fragile.

Brett