Sign in to follow this  
KIP

Beach Camping

I just made camping reservations for the end of June at Pismo State Beach Oceano Loop. Have a wedding to attend in SL obispo and the GF wanted to camp there. I pushed for the SVRA beach camping but was overulled :( since she needs to dress/prep for the event.

I might bring the KTM and sneak off for a ride :P !

There are lots of campgrounds both private and public up there. When I searched for reviews It was difficult to tell which campground they were talking about (except SVRA beach camping)

The North Loop was booked so I had to take what I got :( . The state website says this camp is not beachfront and that it is behind the dunes :)

:lol: 10 Questions :( :

Anyone Camp there before?

Are quads or non-plated machines are allowed in this campground?

Will I be able to see and hear the bikes, buggies and quads while my GF dresses me funny and makes me go to rehearsal dinners and such?

Is this camp close to the SVRA?

Will I have to pay a fee on my bike to get in there?

Do I need a flag? Is it crazy or overly enforced?

Can I go 90 down the beach :( ?

Should I spray my bike down with wd-40 and treat it like a jet-ski?

Will I be drinking wine and eating Pate with my Sierra Club nieghbors :( ?

How many people realize that you have to make reservations 7 months ahead and call for hours to score good beach camp spots in CA?

I just made camping reservations for the end of June at Pismo State Beach Oceano Loop. Have a wedding to attend in SL obispo and the GF wanted to camp there. I pushed for the SVRA beach camping but was overulled :( since she needs to dress/prep for the event.

I might bring the KTM and sneak off for a ride :P !

There are lots of campgrounds both private and public up there. When I searched for reviews It was difficult to tell which campground they were talking about (except SVRA beach camping)

The North Loop was booked so I had to take what I got :( . The state website says this camp is not beachfront and that it is behind the dunes :)

:lol: 10 Questions :( :

Anyone Camp there before?

Are quads or non-plated machines are allowed in this campground?

Will I be able to see and hear the bikes, buggies and quads while my GF dresses me funny and makes me go to rehearsal dinners and such?

Is this camp close to the SVRA?

Will I have to pay a fee on my bike to get in there?

Do I need a flag? Is it crazy or overly enforced?

Can I go 90 down the beach :( ?

Should I spray my bike down with wd-40 and treat it like a jet-ski?

Will I be drinking wine and eating Pate with my Sierra Club nieghbors :( ?

How many people realize that you have to make reservations 7 months ahead and call for hours to score good beach camp spots in CA?

I have camp at the South State camp ground, it has H2o and Power but no sewer. The North State Camp ground has no hook-up but a dump station.

the fee at the camp ground gets you a beach enter pass. Flag on Bikes and ATV but didn't need on the truck.

YES Speed limit on the beach but not in the dunes.

The North Camp ground is about 100 yards from the beach entrance, to far to push a ATV so you would need to truck a ATV to the beach. WD40 is good and there is a Quarter Car wash close by also.

We go a couple times a year, its fun for a 3 day get away, the sand is a little course then Glamis and its fun.

This is what I can say about. Kelly

KellysPhotos547.jpg

KellysPhotos531.jpg

way back in the day like 30 yrs ago we used to camp at san elijo state beach and we would have some friends who lived in yuma get reservations for us beacuse tourist could get them without advanced notice