Sign in to follow this  
tntmo

Yamaha RT180

Yesterday I may have just made my friend's year. He recently seperated from his wife and was looking to get dirt bikes to spend time with his son but he didn't have much to spend.

I saw an ad on craigslist for a 1997 RT 180 free to a deserving home. A phone call and a trip to El Cajon later and now Paul has a dirt bike! This guy was awesome, just wanted to make sure that it went to someone who would use it and not sell it for a profit. Almost unbelievable how nice some people are.

Does anyone here know anything about these bikes? We messed with it a bit, it had a cracked fuel hose so I replaced that but it looks like the carb needs some work since it's leaking from the overflow hose. Probably some fiddling with the float will get it back in shape. It starts pretty easy after a few kicks, I ran it down the street and it runs okay and all six gears work. Not much of a powerhouse, but the price was right.

Does anyone know of a good deal on a Honda XR80 or equal sized bike for his son?

I just want to express my thanks to Gene (2wheels) for making a great deal on his CRF80 for my friend's son.

I just gave my buddy a bunch of riding gear for him and his son and it looks like they will be joining us for New Years in the desert. I'm not much into the Christmas spirit usually but this has made my holiday.

I just want to express my thanks to Gene (2wheels) for making a great deal on his CRF80 for my friend's son.

I just gave my buddy a bunch of riding gear for him and his son and it looks like they will be joining us for New Years in the desert. I'm not much into the Christmas spirit usually but this has made my holiday.

Wow, it's Santa Tom, you just need to gain about 200 lbs and grow a beard and some hair.

I'll loan you about 100 lbs from my fat ass for starters and a bottle of Rogain for the hair.

All kidding aside, nice job!

WELL DONE and from someone who isn't very "spirited"...well done indeed.

VERY nice of you TnT, and 2 Wheels too!!!

it's what this site is all about.

Blind :huh:

I agree with deaf in one eye... this site has that spirit year round

Merry Christmas, etc. to everybody