klrscoob

Pine Valley, over Sunrise

is it possible to get from Pine Valley over the top of sunrise hwy and possibly down to the desert floor to head towards banner grade? WE are starting in ramona, engineer, boulder creek, to pine valley, then I don't know. We are heading out at 9:45 - 10:00am. Anyone know this area and if my requests are possible. GPS tracks would be great but written directions work to! thanks and we are always looking for riders.

thanks

Let's just say that it's been attempted, and the attempt was unsuccessful. Unless a helicopter airlift is you're idea of a success. No harm, no foul, no injuries. You'll need to ask Bikeslut after you meet him, or you MAY be able to search for the scuttlebutt.

:lol:

ok killer; here are your search words... one group at a time

chariot banner

thing valley

and last, but not least

phantom trail II

"no injuries" HA!

is it possible to get from Pine Valley over the top of sunrise hwy and possibly down to the desert floor to head towards banner grade? WE are starting in ramona, engineer, boulder creek, to pine valley, then I don't know. We are heading out at 9:45 - 10:00am. Anyone know this area and if my requests are possible. GPS tracks would be great but written directions work to! thanks and we are always looking for riders.

thanks

Ask Joe. He showed me trails that start in Pine Valley that lead up to the Sunrise Highway but I don't know about dropping over the ridge into the desert.

Joe has the post of "slower riders wanted"

This is from Google earth. I can not find the entrance when i am riding but it looks like it hits the desert floor.

I will keep trying..

post-2482-1226271350_thumb.jpg

post-2482-1226271359_thumb.jpg

Looks familiar, What do ya think Bob?

I'm posting from iPod and can't really see the pic... but I had an idea...

joe; let's go for a ride... I can show you where that trail starts... bring a camera, sat phone and gps