KTMrad

Monthly Meeting Tuesday October 3rd - SDORC

San Diego Off-Road Coalition Update

· Don’t miss our next membership meeting this Tuesday, October 3, at the usual time and place. Our special guest speaker will be U.S. Congressman Brian Bilbray. Also joining us will be our Sacramento lobbyist, Pete Conaty. Should be a great meeting!

· SDORC will be at the Pomona Off Road Expo at the Pomona Fairgrounds on October 7/8 . We will be selling ISDRA passes and tickets to the new raffle car and trailer.

· Don’t miss the SDORC Fun Run Saturday, November 11 (www.sdorc.org/fun run flyer.pdf). This fun family event will be held in conjunction with the celebration of the 30th anniversary of the Ocotillo Wells SVRA and annual OWSVRA Clean-up on Sunday the 12th.

· SDORC will also have our raffle car and trailer at the CORR Races October 21/22 (www.corracing.com) and will be selling tickets.

· If you cannot make the events, get tickets to the buggy and trailer by e-mailing raffle@sdorc.org.

· Cleveland National Forest Route Inventory comment deadline October 31. Don't lose your favorite trail! Go to www.sdorc.org/cleveland_route_inventory.htm for more info.

· Cleveland National Forest Route Inventory comment deadline October 31. Don't lose your favorite trail! Go to www.sdorc.org/cleveland_route_inventory.htm for more info.

Randy have you or anyone else thoroughly reviewed the CNF Route Inventory? Any spots we should be alerted about? Trails you guys have run over the past few years that are at risk?

I've been checking all the ones I know about... :lol:

backhoedoc need address to sdorc monthly meeting thanks brian.

Backhoedoc, see the link that's highlighted (usual time and place) in the post above. Click on it, and it sends you to the directions for the meeting.

Craig, no, I have not reviewed the route inventory. I'm thinking the 4 wheel drive clubs and other motorcycle riders in SDORC have reviewed it....I hope !!

Craig, no, I have not reviewed the route inventory. I'm thinking the 4 wheel drive clubs and other motorcycle riders in SDORC have reviewed it....I hope !!

I'll have to give it one more careful look. Everything that I know of seems to be on there.

A lot of the roads and trails we use are not continuous Forest Service roads, but turn private, then back to county or Forest Service Roads again. It's actually a good set of maps to study up on!

BTW, checked out the meeting 2nite. ;)

I'll have to give it one more careful look. Everything that I know of seems to be on there.

A lot of the roads and trails we use are not continuous Forest Service roads, but turn private, then back to county or Forest Service Roads again. It's actually a good set of maps to study up on!

How was the SDORC Meeting Craig ? I wanted to go since I was in town for a change, but had work catch-up to play at home. B)

How was the SDORC Meeting Craig ? I wanted to go since I was in town for a change, but had work catch-up to play at home. B)

Sounds like a slacker!!

How was the SDORC Meeting Craig ?

It was pretty dynamic with Congressman Bilbray there. He is a charged speaker and had a lot of items to share with the group.

SDORC will be having a Poker Run down through Ocotillo the same weekend as the Neduro Clinic. Maybe something else to look into and offer for anyone hanging out in the area that Saturday?

Second Annual Lost Lizard Fun-Run

How was the SDORC Meeting Craig ? I wanted to go since I was in town for a change, but had work catch-up to play at home. :lol:

Sounds like a slacker!!

Kevin, now don't be calling SanDiegoLand a Slacker !! ;)B)

Help!?! :unsure:

I can't see a classification for Nate Harrison Grade on this map:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/projects...her-hill-ne.pdf

I also don't quite understand the pinked out areas. The legend says "Closed to Vehicles", yet, some known roads pass through these areas, like Boulder Creek Road on this map:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/projects...-springs-ne.pdf

It's a bit difficult to distinguish what roads they really intend to keep open from the maps. Roads are designated (as NFS or State/County), but pass into this pinked out area. Yet some roads (like Boulder Creek Road) aren't going to close just because it cuts off a corner of one of those areas. There is no clear designation that one has an easement, where in other cases (like Eagle Peak Road south of Cedar Creek) we know those have been closed for some time.

Seems ambiguous... :(