Sign in to follow this  
Rahuah

San Diego, CA to Puerto Penasco, Mexico - 10/09/2008 to 10/12/2008

Hi, my name is Rahuah I'm a new member here on this forum but I have been riding for about 15 years.

I have made a post to formally introduce myself over in this thread:

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3123

The main immediate reason that brings me here is that I'm looking for another Adventurer to join me for a

265 mile ride down to Puerto Penasco Mexico to attend the Circus Mexicus 3 day event with Roger Clyne

and The Peacemakers, leaving Thurday 10/9/2008 and returning on Sunday 10/12/2008.

I currently dont have anyone to ride with because my friends who usually rides with me cannot get the

time off work to go. I thought I would post up here to see if anyone in the San Diego area would be

interested in joining me because the route I'm thinking of taking would not be smart for me to try and

attempt by myself and I dont think I'll be going if I cant find someone else willing to make the ride with me.

I'm willing to pay for the shotgun riders concert ticket and hotel accomidations

I was thinking of heading over to El Centro and crossing the border there, riding down southeast of Mexicali

and hooking up with the SON40 down to El Golfo de Santa Clara. Out of El Golfo it would be roughly a 60

mile ride through "no mans land" dirt roads, desert, salt flats and more desert southeast to Puerto Penasco.

Route map image: > http://imgfreehost.com/out.php?i22671_SDtoPProute.jpg

The event is a semi annual 3 day charity event held by the band Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers to

benefit the local orphanage in Puerto Penasco. A good time is guaranteed to be had by all. Here is a link

to more info about the event and the Peacemakers:

http://www.azpeacemakers.com/?content=about_circus_mexicus

If anyone is interested in joining me or has a recommended route that I could take please post up.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Sounds like fun, Do you surf, it would make an even better ADVENTURE to get waves, on the way there and back.

Can you change the route.

post-465-1222548290_thumb.jpg

I have not surfed in a long time. When I was about 15 years old I was surfing with my uncle and I literally

got slammed under repeatedly and almost drowned. That was the day I decided that surfing really wasnt

the sport for me. I'm 40 years old now and I definitly can't hold my breath as long as I could when I was

15 so I dont think it would be a good idea for me to try it again now. I'll park on the beach and upload ride

photos on my laptop while you go surf.

Can you even ride smooth with that thing strapped on the side like that? Looks like it would slow you down

quite a bit. I was hoping to blaze the entire route in about 6-7 hours, at least in the "getting there" direction.

if you have to do it by yourself, you can drive into AZ, and through the national park. and then into Mex. Its less than an hour in Mex going that route. I've done it in a car before. Just a suggestion if you don't want to ride in no mans land alone. I believe its saguaro national park in Az.